No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just bug me, I guess. Different strokes and all that. The sidewalk turns the corner at the edge of your patio but that doesn't mean it's yours. It's for people to walk on to get to their apartments. And I always maintain I do not tell people what to do with their bodies, but your sunbathing at NOON is going to bother me because I've had more than one friend have to battle melanoma. I don't tell people what to do but I reserve the right to my opinion. The thing that's really sucky is that while you couldn't help but notice a person (me) was going up the stairs, you didn't have to watch what I was doing after the initial pass-by. Whatever was happening at my door was my business. No one else concerns him/herself with that, just you. I'm sorry you're bored? I'm jealous because I work 50 hours a week? Even if I'm the sucky one here I still don't like sharing a building with unemployed/retired people. I just happen to like my apartment enough to stay. Time will tell.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• It's not the color of the people in my neighborhood that make it kind of ghetto. It's the lack of employment and the behavior that goes along with that. I used to be very part time but I didn't disturb my neighbors. I found things to do.

Comment

• I don't care if you pay rent. It's a one bedroom apartment, not a bar or a club. I notice that now that I've gone around the building to get your apartment number the music has stopped. That's not going to eliminate the visit from the boys in blue. I've already called.

Comment

• I just love waking up to latin polka music. At least you're not in my building.

Comment

• Good morning Food Lady!
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Your stories about the noise make me love my building. It's well made. Now that we got rid of the problem children above me, I can't hear a peep, and I KNOW the guys right beside me have two small children. I can hear them when I'm in the hallway but in my unit? Nada. So nice.

Comment

• For Fuck's Sake! The bottom of the stairs is not your personal storage area. How many times does Body Corp need to put up signs regarding your bloody fucking monster sized prams? It's been 2 months of signs and the prams have been there since you moved in.

There wouldn't be an issue if it was a visitor's pram or if it was folded up. But you also leave the weird trike thingy there and a scooter. And this morning there was rubbish there too. This is a nice complex (now that dope smokers have moved out of next door) not a freaking ghetto. If your pram is too big for your apartment, leave it in your mini van that barely fits into your parking space.

Then on mother's club days there are 6 SUV sized prams at the bottom of the stairs. You are blocking the access for the poor people who live in the ground floor apartment. Fold the fucking things up! And stop leaving your coffee cups and rubbish when you finally go.

Note: Our stairs go up half a floor then turn back, so these prams aren't technically blocking the stairs, but they are blocking the access to under the stairs where the cleaners have storage in all our stairwells.
                A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• ^ Sounds like a bunch of bored moms.

As for my neighbor across the courtyard: for the love of all this is holy, PLEASE STOP STARING INTO MY APARTMENT. I closed my sliding glass door as you were coming up the walk so I can see how you'd look because you heard a sound. But why do you have to stare right at me continually as you're walking, not even looking where you're going? It's bad enough when your boyfriend does it, and now you? Yeah, we had a nice conversation that one time in the laundry room, but the staring is unnerving. I need to move.

Comment

• I don't have an issue with them getting together. I live above them and have only heard the kid a small handful of times. I do have an issue with the prams not being folded up and taking up all the space.

Luckily the ground floor apartment people have access through their glass 'balcony' doors in the courtyard and don't have only 1 way in or out.
                    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• I do have an issue with the prams not being folded up and taking up all the space.
                      Arg. Strollers make me almost irrationally angry. It's not the actual item, of course, it's the selfish attitude that often goes along with it. Walking down the sidewalk, they mostly refuse to move slightly over (still on the sidewalk) but insist on staying in the exact center. They block aisles in stores, and have run over my toes more times then I can count. I can't believe those strollers haven't gotten stolen. My understanding is that they can be very expensive!

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      I need to move.
                      Considering how many posts you've made here, I agree.

I chose not to renew my lease. This is a really scary time for me. No job, and I should be looking at apartments right NOW but I can't because I have no idea what I'll be able to afford. Lease is up at the end of July. I normally like to move, and in this case I'll be happy to be gone.

One of my neighbor's has taken over, and my landlord not only knows, but doesn't care. The stupid table is still in the hallway. It's so dumb, it's literally a smallish dining room table just hanging out pushed against the wall under the mailboxes. But I overheard a conversation where she talked to him about all the additions she's made and he thought they make the place look nicer. Well, he's made his bed. She will feel that she has free rein and he might just regret letting her do this.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Putting a good neighbor thought in as contrast to Blondie on my side and the starers across the way:

To the neighbor across the courtyard on the top level--I see you are on your balcony, not blocking the stairs. You have your chair angled sideways and away from your neighbors that are directly next to you. Your view is the greenery in between our complex and the one next door and you are simply enjoying your lunch. You are not sitting there watching your neighbors' every move. THANK YOU. Thank you for not making the rest of us feel uncomfortable in simply opening our sliding glass door (as I just did and you did not even flinch) or leaving for the day. I'm sure you are a nice, friendly person but you are obviously not nosy. We need to clone you and fill the two buildings with you's. There are a bunch, actually, but it's the few nosy apples....

Comment

• To get to the prams, you need to go through 2 security doors. One into the complex and one into the individual stairwell.

I can understand not wanting to lug them up 3 flights of stairs, but FFS fold the bloody things up.

Stairwells are being painted at the moment and I really hope that paint gets on them.

Comment

• Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                            To get to the prams, you need to go through 2 security doors. One into the complex and one into the individual stairwell.
                            Oh, gotcha. Well in that case wouldn't they be blocking the fire exit?

Another annoyance from the neighbor who's taken over. My landlord has been having some work done around the place. He has it set up so all of our leases end at the same time, so I'm sure about half of us are leaving and he wants the place pretty to show. (he doesn't need to bother, the rent is relatively cheap and the town is full, they'll be rented fast nice looking or not) Anyway, every single time a handy man is doing work, this neighbor goes and pesters him. You hear a hammer? Just wait two minutes, and you hear the clatter of her and her dog scampering down to inspect/hassle whoever it is.

Not one other tenant does this, it's just her. The last time the landlord was here, she literally walked with him all the way through the inside and outside of the building with her making comments. "Well, this isn't at the top of my list but..." "And I know this isn't a big deal but..." Like she's supreme overlord of what gets done outside her apartment.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              Not one other tenant does this, it's just her. The last time the landlord was here, she literally walked with him all the way through the inside and outside of the building with her making comments. "Well, this isn't at the top of my list but..." "And I know this isn't a big deal but..." Like she's supreme overlord of what gets done outside her apartment.
                              Blondie does this.

Comment

• Today there was a guy painting some trim outside, so she went out and started saying all these things she wants done, and even dragged him inside talking about how she thinks this thing should be re-painted, and this other thing should be a different color, this thing looks dingy.

Food Lady, are people nice to Blondie? People are so nice to this neighbor. Nobody's like "lady I'm trying to work" or even a gentle "how about you suggest this to the landlord?" They all just agree with her and her powers continue to grow.

Comment

Working...
                                X