No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the neighbor behind me...mow your freaking lawn! Seriously, nobody wants to see the rotting furniture, broken A/C unit, and swing set...all surrounded by waist-deep grass and leaves. Trust me on this. While you're at it, get rid of that trampoline too. I think there's a nest of small animals living in it, and it too has grass growing inside.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• File a complaint with the relevant authorities.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth protege View Post
        To the neighbor behind me...mow your freaking lawn! Seriously, nobody wants to see the rotting furniture, broken A/C unit, and swing set...all surrounded by waist-deep grass and leaves. Trust me on this. While you're at it, get rid of that trampoline too. I think there's a nest of small animals living in it, and it too has grass growing inside.
        That reminded me of the Bob Rivers tune I Fought the Lawn.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Came home expecting a package to be delivered today, only to check my shipping e-mail and finding a pic the delivery guy took of my package waiting inside the doorway...and yet no package. Went through every hallway in my apartment complex twice, no package. I assumed a neighbor swiped it (which would have been the first time it has happened since I moved in eight years ago), so I called up Amazon and told them my package was stolen and to request a refund. I then re-ordered the items in question, went out to do my laundry...and there's my package, sitting right outside my door.

SOMEone must have been pranking me, because the package wasn't opened, so it wasn't like someone took it, opened it, didn't like what was inside and decided to leave it by my door.

Weird.

Comment

• I can imagine: "Oh, my neighbor's off at work and those dumb delivery folks left their package where anyone could steal it, I'd better hold it for them"... "oh, now they're back and doing laundry, I'll leave the package for them".

Comment

• ^ I did have that happen last fall. Called and reported it stolen and everything. People should just leave others' things alone. That's what the Bangor, Maine police dept. says: "Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another." (From Facebook; follow them and you won't be disappointed.)
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Or do what the very nice young lady next door to me did when she helpfully took custody of a package delivered when DH and I were both at work. She left a note on our door explaining she had the package and inviting us to come get it at our convenience. That way, the package is safe from theft and there's no "oh no, it's missing" panic.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  That's what the Bangor, Maine police dept. says:
                  "Avoid attics and cellars, if you see a clown in a storm drain he probably isn't your friend, and if you hear distant chewing noises.. run."
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• To one of our neighbors - if you have an issue with something, please come and discuss it in person, don't just leave anonymous notes in the mailbox threatening to report something to the city "blight department", or going as far as filing a complaint with the city.

Where I'm seeing some suck is that whichever neighbor this is, he or she doesn't come talk to anyone in my house, they just send complaints in to the city blight department. And today, they left an anonymous note in the mailbox.....basically threatening to complain to the city again)

Comment

• Once a suitcase was delivered to my house. Like someone's full suitcase that they decided to ship instead of checking when they flew home (I assume) It was delivered to me at 1210 Street instead of 1218 Street for example. I tried to call FedEx to tell them it was misdelivered but it was weirdly hard to navigate their phone tree so I just walked it up to the correct house. I probably should have knocked to explain, but I didn't even think of it at the time. So it's possible someone picked it up, thinking it was something they or their family ordered, then realized it wasn't and dropped it off. I'm reaching, I know.

My laptop was delivered to my next door neighbors, who happen to be super sweet, but honestly WHY. I need to find whatever setting it is and say to stop that.
                      Last edited by notalwaysright; 06-12-2018, 01:30 AM.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        My laptop was delivered to my next door neighbors, who happen to be super sweet, but honestly WHY. I need to find whatever setting it is and say to stop that.
                        I know my neighbors well enough that stuff like this would not be a problem. What would be a problem is that literally my house is the ONLY house on my section of street. Yes there used to be other houses on the other side of my street BUT years ago the city bought out those houses and put in a parking lot. I have the only address now on my little section of this street. It is kinda hard to miss my address.

And even then sometimes GPS can not find my house. Google Street can but something NOT GPS
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Once a suitcase was delivered to my house. Like someone's full suitcase that they decided to ship instead of checking when they flew home (I assume) It was delivered to me at 1210 Street instead of 1218 Street for example.
                          I hate this. It shouldn't be that hard to deliver to the correct address.

When I was living in London, there were 3 identical apartment buildings. Each building had it's own address and it's own building name. So our addresses all looked like Apartment 13, (Girl's name) House, 1 Name Street, Suburb, Postcode or Apartment 2, (Flower name) House, 2 Name Street, Suburb, Postcode or Apartment 10, (Boy's name) House, 3 Name Street, Suburb, Postcode.

Stupid goddamn Parcel Farce (actually called Royal Mail Parcel Force) would deliver all parcels for any of the 3 buildings to (Girl's name) House, 1 Name Street. Didn't matter how clearly the parcel was addressed, how big the address on the parcel was or how big the House Name signs on the entrance door to the building. All went to the poor sods in (Girl's Name) House. At first, they were kind of polite and would bring it over to us, but they had to be buzzed into the building and no one wants to keep playing postie for free. So then we just wouldn't get the parcels. Or even the parcel notices.

Management company ended up putting big signs next to the buzzer and on the door (10cm away from the buzzer) telling the delivery people to double check the house name and street number before attempting delivery. They also included a handy little map describing exactly which building was which. (They were all next to each other on Name street. 1 & 2 were about 10m apart and 3 was just across the entrance to that part of the estate, so about 20m when you add in the 4 car spaces attached to building 2, the two traffic lanes and the tiny nature strip next to building 3.)

It's been 6 years since my housemate moved into her apartment and it is still safer to have her parcels delivered to her parents place 10 minutes away. Parcel Farce still can't get it through their thick heads. (The estate has been there for 16 years and I don't think they are ever going to learn.)
                          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Hey, you on the first floor:

Stop bellyaching to Maintenance about "needing" a stairlift, doors widened (which cannot be done without affecting the whole building), etc because one of you is in a wheelchair. This particular property is not designed for wheelchair tenants and cannot be retrofit, which you were told upon signing the lease. The office even offered to move you to an elevator/handicapped accessible property with no increase in rent. Knowing what their elevator buildings cost, why would you refuse that?

Technically, the folding ramp that you have taking up the front vestibule could be seen as a fire safety hazard (front stairwell is the main egress and when in use that ramp takes up the entire stairway as in nobody can pass...I almost broke my ankle trying once) and a stairlift definitely would be.

Also, turn down your music at night. I can literally feel the bass through the floor. Next time if it's after 11PM I will call the police.

(what the F is going on? This building used to be such a nice quiet place...)
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              *snip*Yes there used to be other houses on the other side of my street BUT years ago the city bought out those houses and put in a parking lot. *snip*
                              Sooooooooooooo...they paved paradise and put up a parking lot? Sorry had to do it.

Let's see who gets the reference :P
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                                ... Let's see who gets the reference :P
                                In France they dance on Main Street.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X