Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    There you are out in the courtyard, picking the nits out of her hair again. It's been two years! Haven't you got rid of the lice yet?
    I've never had lice, or even known anyone who had it. I remember a couple times in early elementary school when the nurse would come and run a comb through everyone's hair, but that's as close as I've come to it. Do you need to pick them out? I thought there was a shampoo or something. This sounds like serious trailer park behavior. :/

A couple times in the past week or so someone has their bass up in their car like WHOA. I'm talking, so loud I'm not even sure they're in the complex or on the main street. I can feel it in my chest! It's only for maybe 15 second before it's gone so there's no point in trying to complain about it, and again it might not be a resident. Sheesh, who really likes that? Maybe in a club, but driving in a quiet neighborhood?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Well, picking nits (or lice) out by hand really doesn't work very well! Shampoos are usual, but it's probably good to use the comb to physically remove them as well. (This is a special fine-toothed comb, meant to pass hair but not nits or lice.)

Comment

• The lice (here in Denmark, at least) has gotten resistant to the shampoos with insecticide. Shampoos exist with oils that smother the beasties. Combined with combing the nits as soon as they hatch, it should work, I am told. Then the kids come home, having tried each others hats, with a new breeding population.

Comment

• Well I have a fun story now. Tuesday night I woke up to a weird sound in the bathroom I couldn't identify. As I stepped over to the bathroom I felt my feet sink in wet soggy carpet, and found the master bathroom flooded, and a lake in my carpet down the hallway. It was dripping from the ceiling fan, which means the upstairs neighbor was flooding me out. I went up to the door, pounded on it several times, with no response. I go back downstairs panicking now, can't reach the damn 24 hour emergency management company number (what the hell good is THAT) so I call 911 and the fireman finally get them up. Turns out their toilet was clogged and running over. Obviously for hours. Who the hell just leaves their clogged toilet running? If it's clogged you know it and a normal human would try to fix it then. And not even an "I'm sorry" from these idiots. They caused anxiety, stress, possible structural damage, and cost money to suck up the water and dry everything out. And they might have caused damage to my stuff, they don't know what could have been hit. Fucking assholes. At least say you're sorry about flooding ME out, an innocent bystander in this whole mess.

I've been living with dehumidifiers and huge fans blowing UNDER my carpet. Thankfully it seems pretty dry now.

These are the same people who bang on their floor ALL THE TIME. I'm gonna beat the hell out of my ceiling/their floor at midnight some night soon I swear.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• Telecom_goddess, that happened to one of my co-workers...more than 10 times! Her upstairs neighbor was this old lady, I think she was 98 or 99 when she finally passed. This woman somehow managed to cause her toilet to overflow into my CW's kitchen! Right onto the sideboard of her sink, on her clean dishes! The apt management fixed the problem several times, and had to redo my CW's ceiling and drywall more than once. I kept telling her she should demand a better solution from them, but she didn't think they'd listen because the old lady was one of the first renters they ever had and apparently was considered untouchable.

--------------------

Aaaand here we go with the friggin' washer and dryer again, with that stinking fabric softener stench coming in through my windows! Why in the name of all that's holy does this idiot have to do laundry literally EVERY DAY? Two adults and two kids generate THAT MUCH dirty laundry? The people who bring in multiple bags of shit from Target and elsewhere every week don't have enough clothing to last a week without washing everything they own??
            Last edited by EricKei; 07-01-2018, 07:18 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• When I lived in the triplex I had neighbors who also did laundry every. single. day. It was just two of them, a husband and wife! (later the husband moved out, but he was not innocent I saw him in the laundry room) My other neighbor and I joked that they must run washes with like one towel and one shirt and maybe they changed their sheets every day and only had one set? That neighbor and I got along just fine. He and I were both quiet. Basically that's all it takes to get along. (no overflowing toilets either I suppose)

The other neighbors were the reason that shortly after I moved in I contacted the landlords because there was NO WAY I was putting up with them doing laundry at 6 AM on a Saturday. If they had been normal humans I would not have even noticed. My bathroom and hallway were in between the bedroom and laundry room like a buffer. But nope, they stomped around slamming things so loudly it woke me up. Thankfully the landlords put up laundry room hours after that. And seriously, they also used some industrial fabric softener nonsense that stunk up the place terribly. The vent went into the little courtyard we shared and was so bad I would hold my breath until I got inside.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Telecom_goddess, that happened to one of my co-workers...more than 10 times!

After the second time I would have a freak attack. I can barely handle once let alone 10 times. Sorry but old lady or not she has to learn to manage her damn plumbing better! No one else would be able to get away with that.

As for laundry I'm so thankful I have my own washer and dryer. Even if they are overtaken by cords to the fans and dehumidifiers right now. I'll be glad when these are gone.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• I am SO GLAD I'm on the top floor except for this: the people downstairs hardly ever run their AC. It's going to hit 95°F today and I bet they aren't. I get their heat. I've had my unit running 16 hours now and it's 79° in here. I have a ton of stuff to do but I'm going to the mall or something. It feels hard to breathe.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I don't turn my AC off -- refrigerators stop working in extreme heat -- but I do set it up to 85 or so when I leave for the day. I figure, I'll be gone 12 hours or more, why cool the place when there's nobody here?
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      I am SO GLAD I'm on the top floor except for this: the people downstairs hardly ever run their AC.
                      This and noise is why you want lots of insulation between apartments as well as the outside walls.

Comment

• I know you said excuse me and everything but you are blocking the path down the stairs. The stairs aren't even there for you because you live on the bottom. Not only that but you have a porch to sit on. I noticed your buddy across the way does the exact same thing.

Comment

• The thing about my idiot neighbors is made extra weird by the fact that the Blob only wears sleeveless t-shirts and baggy shorts in the summer, and Bitchface only wears tank tops and jeans. Actually that's pretty much what she wears all year - then in winter she'll step outside for something and complain that it's cold outside

She also vacuums the HALLWAY. Every day. We like to joke that she's cleaning up all the residue from their "side business"
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Dear neighbors,
                            We know it was you that accidentally broke some mirror by the curb where we all put our trash cans. One roommate already cut her foot on the broken glass out there. It had been a week now, and the broken glass is still there.
                            Clean your mess up, gorrammit.
                            (signed)
                            Annoyed Winger, who is tempted to sweep up the glass and leave it on your doorstep.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Whatever the hell you are cooking, it smells like the meat is rotten...this seems to be a pattern with nearly everything you make. If you are trying to 'dry age' the meat, it doesn't quite work that way.

The previous tenant who used to make homemade kimchi doesn't even hold a candle to you guys.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• We are NOT doing this tonight. The 4th is the holiday. The 5th is not. People have to work in the morning. It is 12:50 am, I have to have the window open because the AC is literally gone from the apartment, and even the police department has tweeted/facebooked several times asking y'all to have some courtesy. I just called them. I'm not giving you until 1:00. I'm not making a concession because of the holiday. I'm not playing. What I *am* is That Lady™.

Comment

Working...
                                X