No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I figured out what's going on with our 'neighbors'. I wandered over to the old store to do some shopping and say hi to P (awesome supervisor who also works at town hall), and somehow in conversation that came up--she knows about the can collectors in my building. She told me that the town is doing remodeling on some of the public-housing buildings and is/was placing tenants elsewhere. That would seem to track, as this influx of whatever all happened at once, there have been quite a few one-bedrooms available until recently and the head of maintenance confirmed what's been happening (8+ people in a one-bedroom, they trash the place when they move out).

(if a voucher tenant racks up a certain number of complaints in a privately-managed property, they get tossed)

And someone has established a huge damn ZUCCHINI PLANT in the landscaping in back right at the sidewalk, it's choking out the flowers. I seriously doubt our landscapers did it. This morning we noted two small nearly-ready zucchini; I plucked them when I came home. Hey, it's accessible to anyone walking by...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      And someone has established a huge damn ZUCCHINI PLANT in the landscaping in back right at the sidewalk, it's choking out the flowers. I seriously doubt our landscapers did it. This morning we noted two small nearly-ready zucchini; I plucked them when I came home. Hey, it's accessible to anyone walking by...
      Knowing the reputation that zucchini growers have (i.e. way too many zucchinis) you have probably done them a favor.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I know...we were picking up the farm share last week and one of the guys was telling us that their growers in NH sent down 60-odd cases of zucchini; they were growing out of control due to the heatwave and they couldn't pick them fast enough.

Not sure if I'm willing to eat any zucchini that comes from this plant; that patch is a popular gathering spot for the local groomer's obedience classes, and we don't know what pesticides if any are being used on it.

(this does confirm that there's no barrier cloth under the mulch, so conceivably I could plant something of my own and see what happens)

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Knowing the reputation that zucchini growers have (i.e. way too many zucchinis) you have probably done them a favor.
          There's always National Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day which is August 8th: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...-day-august-8/
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• There's the classic line "Around these parts, come July you need to start locking your car, or you're liable to come back and find it full of zucchini".

Comment

• And the zucchini plant is gone; it was rather unceremoniously torn out by the real landscapers this afternoon (I went down afterwards and gave the poor flowers a good solid watering). How long until another vegetable plant shows up I wonder...?

Hey, idiots upstairs:

Just because management posted a letter saying "no unaccompanied kids playing in the courtyard", that does not mean your spawn can use the front stairwell as a playground. Kids are fine outside, but you are required to supervise them...which we know you do not do, hence the need for the letter.

Also, I know quiet hours don't start until 11PM, but you need to realize that there are people below you.

Comment

• In the stairwell is IN THE WAY. My neighbors do that, too--the adults. Sit on the porch you pay for!!

Comment

• Hubz went to put the trash out last night, only to find our garbage can half full of grass clippings. Not in a bag. Also, not from our yard. I have a suspicion of which neighbor is responsible and I am beyond annoyed. Here's a thought, deadbeats: maybe try mowing your grass before it reaches chin height and pay for your own trash removal. I'm moving the trash can behind the privacy fence. Problem solved.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

• One blood-curdling, banshee-imitating scream from your 5-year-old* is bad enough but you didn't stop it there. You let them do it 3 more times. My friend on the phone could hear it several yards away.

* I expect that from a one-and-a-half year old who's just found her lungs.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      One blood-curdling, banshee-imitating scream from your 5-year-old* is bad enough but you didn't stop it there. You let them do it 3 more times. My friend on the phone could hear it several yards away.

* I expect that from a one-and-a-half year old who's just found her lungs.
                      Sounds like Princess Bitchface's MiniMe, next door. That kid's screams could cut glass at 50 yards. And she's around 5 years old, so there's really no excuse except that her parents rarely bother to tell her to stop it.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Hey assholes, the 4th was 10 days ago! You can stop with the illegal fireworks now, buttheads.

Comment

• To the twit two doors down...you've had that wreck sitting in your front yard for a month. Who are you fooling by pushing it back and forth every so often? We all know that it's well overdue for a state inspection, and the registration ran out a long time ago. Why the need for the charade that it runs?
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Can someone tell me that the soccer world thingy has finished now?

Dear lovely new neighbours,

The walls are pretty good here and block out normal noise. But they don't block out whatever noises you were making with you friends late last night. I'm going to guess cheering and groaning about the ball and all the guys running around chasing it.

And thanks for the laugh as your guests were leaving last night. It was pretty funny listening to a drunk man trying to make shushing noises at other drunk people walking (stumbling) down 4 flights of stairs.

I hope your team won. Or at least didn't lose too embarrassingly.

(Even though this was at 1:30am last night I was still awake trying to organise Centrelink paperwork in the lounge. They weren't loud enough to be heard in the bedrooms above a low radio. If I had the TV or music on in the lounge I wouldn't have heard them as clearly as I did.)
                            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                              Can someone tell me that the soccer world thingy has finished now?
                              It's finished, thank goodness.

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                              And thanks for the laugh as your guests were leaving last night. It was pretty funny listening to a drunk man trying to make shushing noises at other drunk people walking (stumbling) down 4 flights of stairs.
                              At least they were trying to be considerate. Better than some.
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Look, you effin' assholes, it's dark outside now and the air is finally cooler than lava! I need to keep the windows open for a while! Why the hell are you running that godforsaken mower IN THE DARK! Keep your stinking exhaust to yourselves, you obviously don't care about your lungs, given what you normally smoke, but I care about mine!!

Comment

Working...
                                X