No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we the only trailer in the area with a family who operates on a second shift schedule? Because it seems like clockwork at 4:30-5 AM every car in the place starts up.

There's one guy we can never miss hearing, every time he starts his car it squeals like hell.

MAINTAIN YOUR CAR, MAN. Before it gives up.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Because it seems like clockwork at 4:30-5 AM every car in the place starts up.
      That's like here about 6-7AM every morning Just about all of us leave around the same time...mostly to beat the traffic and get ahead of the school buses.
      Last edited by EricKei; 11-14-2015, 12:40 PM.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

How dirty are you?!? You've been in the shower for at least a half hour. Why do I care? Because when the water bill goes up the management company is going to charge all of us more rent. It's raining. Why don't you go stand in it?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Oh, you want to play the stereo game tonight? Let's see how you like Andrew Lloyd Webber's music at the top of my lungs. I don't need to save my voice for anything.

Comment

OK, what is with the yelling and running around at 11 PM on a Monday night? And the female voice being all angsty? I'm seriously thinking about calling the cops here!

Ugh.

Comment

Oh, look, the Warts have replaced their back door. Again. They must have found one that makes an even LOUDER noise when slammed.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hahaha!

So today I saw a notice by the elevator and I read it because I read EVERYTHING. Seriously. Anyway, someone has complained that someone else has been smoking pot in their units and causing undesirable odors. So we are all reminded that this is strictly against condo bylaws and if we are found stinking up the place, there's a 250 dollar fine.

Classy.

Comment

Several times in the last few months, it has been a lovely evening so we have our balcony doors open when suddenly WHAT IN HOLY FUCK IS THAT SMELL?

Yep our new neighbours smoke dope. Or marinate in it. Not sure which. But now we can't have the doors open or the air con on (Air con unit is on the balcony, it just brings that smell in). And they seem to be fucking incapable of closing the stairwell window between our 2 apartments, so the stairwell stinks for days.

Have just spoken to the lovely Body Corporate people and there will be a letter bomb warning everyone about the illegal substances clause in rules that they signed with their lease.

(I'll put up a separate thread with the whole story.)
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Please control your dog. I don't need to be awaken by the irritating combination of barking and howling that thing does.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                      So we are all reminded that this is strictly against condo bylaws and if we are found stinking up the place, there's a 250 dollar fine.
                      That wouldn't fly around here. In order to collect money from a unit (other than the normal maintenance fees, a special assessment, or something agreed to by both parties such as rental of the party room), the condo corporation needs a court order. They can't go around fining units on their own.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm really tempted to slam my door every time you do, but I don't want to sink to your level.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          Dear next door neighbor:

Either answer the fucking door or call the cops. This guy has been knocking on your door for several minutes now. Loudly!
                          Something like that happened with my BFF. BFF lives in apt. #1, her friend came over and knocked for 45 minutes on the door before calling BFF to ask where she was. Where was BFF? In her apt. Her friend was knocking on apt. #2's door.
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

For once, my issues are not with my upstairs neighbors. Pretty sure this is someone on the same floor as me, several apartments down.

Um, so, are you guys okay? Because the level of passion-filled screaming is alarming. When do I actually call the cops for this sort of thing? I hear tons of door slamming and foot stomping and oh, a guy just ran past my window. I... guess you're not arguing anymore. Okay. You still seem to be yelling though, but just the lady of the house. Um, time to get a grip?

Comment

That end of the parking lot is essentially a cul-de-sac. There are other people's cars lining either side and the possibility of a pedestrian walking out at the same time you decide to do a 360. I almost called the police, but I didn't because I figured they wouldn't find you anyway. I don't recognize your car. You could've side-swiped a car, or worse--a person. Showing off isn't worth killing someone. I see your car tomorrow and I may report you.

Comment

Holy cow! Where was this thread when my new neighbors moved in?? We are in our 40's with 2 boys, 19 and 15. Both kids play musical instruments (saxophone, trumpet, guitars, drums and keyboard) however, they never play late and even when they are playing, you can't hear them outdoors since they play in the basement.

Back-peddle to this late Spring. Lovely neighbors inform us of a job promotion which resulted in a move and us losing that sweet child of theirs to visit with. Cue new neighbors. They moved in a storage building before the new neighbors had even moved out. Then, they came and mowed the lawn while the moving van was there packing/moving the young neighbors. That should have been my first clue.

I have lots of vacation time from work so I always schedule quite a bit during the summer time not just for vacationing with the family but for lawn care and home care (washing the siding, pressure washing the sidewalks and driveway, etc). New older neighbor inquires if I mind if he gets "our" shrubs trimmed, that they look kinda bad. We offer to just cut them and pull the stumps as we really don't like them anyway and it'll make mowing easier. Nope, he wants them to stay and kept neat. Ooookaayyy then. So we take an entire weekend to trim them up nice and neat and haul away the trimmings.

The next week, I'm out mowing our lawn with a pushmower. Every other strip I turn on the drive and head back the opposite direction. He's out there blowing off my driveway of grass clippings, not after I'm done, but after each and every freakin' turn I make!

More recently, as in the last 2 weeks, I noticed one morning as we pulled out of the garage that my beautiful red Japanese maple had turned brown overnight and the added blowing rain that night before had cause 95% of the leaves to drop, partly on my driveway. Now, we were just pulling out to drop off the youngest at school and I was heading to work right after. I couldn't really think about leaves at the moment not to mention it was still wet outside. I came in that same afternoon and older neighbor had not only blown the leaves off of his driveway (ours are side by side) but blown all the leaves on our driveway up against the house and garage doors. That was it!! I refused to pick up a leaf one now. Hubby was nicer than me and bagged what was against the house, mostly because they blow in when we open the garage doors. I refuse to pick up any more leaves period. Had he not blown them against the house, they would have been picked up and hauled off 2 weeks ago. There are still oodles and oodles of leaves on the rock beneath the tree and in the lawn just beside the tree. Guess we'll see a leaf covered lawn.

I'm fed up beyond belief. We only have 6 year left on our mortgage and even that amount is small enough that we could sell it now and pay cash for a slightly smaller home in the country, far, far away for this guy. I'm trying to hold out 2 more years for the youngest to graduate and then move but I'm not sure I can make it 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X