No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whelp, it's 11:16 at night on a Wednesday. Not even New Year's Eve. And my upstairs neighbors have decided this is a great time to start blasting the music and going 'woo hoo!' repeatedly.

Awesome.

And now it's almost midnight and they're still at it. I go to bed at midnight, latest, and I'm dying to sleep now... I've just called the police, yay... *groan*
    Last edited by Aria; 12-31-2015, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Guys, what the f*** are you DOING up there? I mean, I can deal with you stomping around like an elephant, been dealing with that for over a year now, but DAMN . . .

Jesus Cluny Frog, is that a cement mixer I hear? How the hell did you get that up the stairway?

Comment

*sigh* Yet another from the upstairs neighbors. Why couldn't I have a nice quiet family above me with two sometimes rambunctious kids? The stomping couldn't be any worse and the drama quotient would be way lower!

So I'm taking a nice bath and I very clearly hear something along these lines; "You FUCKING BITCH! Get out of my house! I am going to wipe your face on the pavement if you don't stop talking shit and GET THE FUCK OUT!"

Charming.

Comment

Here is a tale from a CW of mine:

She lives in an apartment building. Her upstairs neighbor is, literally, 99 or 100 years old. No kids, no family, husband died a couple years ago at age 98 or 99. Old Lady has a bad habit of, apparently, stuffing so much TP in her toilet that it occasionally overflows, and floods the walls/floors.

Which means it drips down through into my CW's apt., into her kitchen and bathroom. Lovely image, isn't it?

This has happened 11 times. ELEVEN.

She has finally decided to speak to her attorney about this, because the apt. management group has done NOTHING other than replacing old lady's toilet (pointless, because there was nothing wrong with the toilet) and replacing my CW's drywall and carpeting.

CW doesn't want to move, but something needs to be done. Her immune system is shot, she has many health issues, and this is just ridiculous.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Jesus Cluny Frog, is that a cement mixer I hear? How the hell did you get that up the stairway?
            What?? I don't even.... I'm laughing because I'm incredulous. I've had neighbors like that.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Mooncat, I responded to the thread too soon. I'm even more incredulous as to your story. Is there an agency that can be called in? Like the county health department?

Comment

Mooncat, that makes my upstairs neighbors look good!

That's terrible though. The potential for serious mold problems...

Comment

And just, you know, POOP problems!

Comment

Mooncat, if your state has an equivalent to Adult Protective Services, I would call them. It sounds like your elderly neighbor is a danger to herself.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs...

It seems like every week there's a new sign in the elevator room. I read them because I do stuff like that... last one was a reminder to pay the condo dues. *shrugs* Mine are already on automatic debit, I actually took a special trip to set that up. Worth it.

However, the latest sign is hilarious. Apparently, some people have been dumping garbage in the stairwells and it's starting to stink up the place. Anyone caught doing that is going to be fined 250 dollars an incident.

My thought: Are we animals around here? This isn't even a cheap condo complex!

Comment

I cannot tell a lie, Officer Obie. I put that envelope under half a ton of garbage.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          She lives in an apartment building. Her upstairs neighbor is, literally, 99 or 100 years old. No kids, no family, husband died a couple years ago at age 98 or 99. Old Lady has a bad habit of, apparently, stuffing so much TP in her toilet that it occasionally overflows, and floods the walls/floors.
                          I admit, this is what I used to do years ago, accidentally, of course, but not as much as the Old Lady. Then we discovered the garbage bin and bye-bye toilet problems!

Perhaps you should visit the Old Lady and ask to use her bathroom. Then take a look around and see if there are any lined garbage bins. If not, offer to buy her one.
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

God, the joys of living in a brand new condo complex.

Now there's ANOTHER sign, this time telling us to stay in our assigned parking or Argabarga's buddies will be coming for us. So now instead of parking in assigned spots, people are parking against the island. The stupid island, which cuts into our turning radius to start with.

I managed to get into my spot nice and straight because I'm a Nissan Micra and the guy wasn't right behind me. He IS directly behind my neighbors spot and they drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I hope that guy is gone by the time they get home.

Comment

Neighbor directly next door-they bought their son a drum set. I can hear it in my bedroom. despite having this for over a year, he just plays one slow rhythm- Bam........boom.....bam......boom......bam.....boo m. Over and over and over again. They are SO nice, but I have the urge to break the drum set.

Crazy neighbor, I can't remember if I posted about her before, but when we moved into the house, she came over to introduce herself and then attempted to badger me into letting her baby sit my kids. It went to an uncomfortable level, and then to an almost scary level, with the pressure. When she caught my husband alone, she did the same to him. She has no children and is married to an elderly man (She is only about 40), but she kept giving my kids toys that she said she just had "lying around". One day she gave my 6 year old son a hatchet. A real hatchet. She handed it to him over the backyard fence. My husband freaked out, chewed her out, and now we all avoid her.

Drug house across the street-all has quieted down there, since the land lady took a stand and said everyone out but the renters and if she sees them there again, she will evict them.

And one more crazy lady, in the house behind us. 2 yappy dogs that bark ALL DAY long. when I'm outside, I will yell at the dogs by name and tell them to shut up. They usually take them inside at this point. The mom of that house tried to ground MY kid for riding her bike on the side of the road in the cul de sac. Because she wasn't on the side walk. She was 13 and was safe. She also bragged about calling the city because the grass in the backyard in the house next to hers was too long and looked too jungly. The home owner was an elderly BLIND man who had just lost his wife a few months before. My kids were playing at their house with their daughter before we realized how crazy they were. Apparently all the kids started to get too loud, and the mom comes in, starts screaming at both my kids and hers, saying they were all going to hell and throwing stuffed animals at them. My kids were terrified. The lady has apologized multiple times, but my kids are no longer allowed to speak to her

Comment

Holy crap on the crazy lady neighbors, April.

Quoth Aria View Post
                                So now instead of parking in assigned spots, people are parking against the island.
                                Sounds like our complex back in CT. Reminders go out every year (at least) to the tenants to remind them that they're only allowed to park one vehicle in the lot regardless of how many they actually have. Housing never bothered to enforce it, though, and I know there were neighbors parking at least two vehicles in the very tiny lot.

But the real problem was the fact that part of the complex (about eight units total) had been converted at some point into a daycare (with Housing's permission). Said daycare was assigned two parking spaces exclusively for their clientele to drop off and pick up kids. The daycare was also supposed to inform the parents that they weren't to park in tenants' parking spaces (everywhere else in the lot) or block people in by parking in the driving lanes directly behind vehicles. Guess how well that worked?

I learned not to go grocery shopping at certain times in the afternoon because all the spaces would be full (of parents picking up kids) when I got home, and I'd have to park all the way at the other end of the complex if I was lucky or out on the street if I wasn't, then schlepp my groceries back to my apartment. And I really learned to hate taking my oldest to preschool, because I had to drive and the time I got back home was right in the middle of daycare drop-off, meaning once again there were basically no parking spaces and sometimes not even room to get in or out of the lot.

One of the ladies in Housing (the tenant liaison and Person to Approach With These Concerns) even knew it was frustrating to multiple tenants and kept promising they'd patrol more, or send out reminders to the daycare and tenants alike, or even take suggestions for how to fix it. But actually fixing the problem? Never happened. I suggested at one point that they actually number the parking spaces instead of leaving it free-for-all for the tenants, then assigning a number to each apartment so every unit had exactly one parking space. This would leave any extra spaces as designated Visitor parking and allow us the option of leaving notes when our spaces were filled with people who weren't supposed to park there. Liaison Lady said that was a good idea...and then never followed through. :sigh:
                                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                                X