Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I sent out my cards yesterday.
    As far as the Dyson versus Shark debate, the clear winner is Kirby

On a serious note, I had a Shark, they aren't bad vacuums, but they wear out fairly quickly.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 12-05-2015, 11:05 PM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Well, I sent out my card yesterday.
      Just one?

As far as the Dyson versus Shark debate, the clear winner is Kirby
      Did you watch the video? You should watch the video if you didn't.

My cards are done. They'll go out on Monday probably. When I opened the box I discovered some of the corners were messed up. Too bad; you're getting them anyway.
      (Also there are two different cards because I had 20 of one and 10 of the other. One of them may or may not bear glitter.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        That's what we got. It's got some good things and bad things. In theory, I like the idea that it can be both an upright and a canister, but the hose is too short to really be a decent canister vac. If you're holding the cylinder, the stick is too light to manage with one hand, so I've found that I'm really just using it as a regular upright vac. I do love the various attachments, especially the stair attachment. That thing is all kinds of awesome.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Just one?
          Fixed it

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Did you watch the video? You should watch the video if you didn't.
          Yes, I did... and it is even more reason not to get one
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• I need my eyes testing.I have just put the address on an envelope to
            Happy Fun Ball Drive.
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

*starts saving for a better vacuum cleaner*
              I hear the Shark vacuums are really good and less expensive (usually less than $300) if you need a good one that sucks.

But if you can afford a Dyson, I recommend that. Mine is 4 years old now and still sucks just as good as it did the first night I brought it home.

Back to the subject of cards, mine were mailed out on Friday and so far I've received 2:

Kiwi and KuauriKaydrith
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 12-06-2015, 07:10 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Well that was enlightening. When I address mine,I like to have a quick look on Google Earth just to find where are the best places to stalk you from have a look at what sort of places you people all live in.And well...MoonCat,your neighbour's house is interesting....Either it was taken at Hallowe'en or you actually live in Sunnydale
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  Well that was enlightening. When I address mine,I like to have a quick look on Google Earth just to find where are the best places to stalk you from have a look at what sort of places you people all live in.And well...MoonCat,your neighbour's house is interesting....Either it was taken at Hallowe'en or you actually live in Sunnydale
                  And you made me go look at what my house looks like in the google earth photos. It's not really as run down as the photos make it look, I swear! Though the pictures have been taken in the last year, as BF's car is all the way to the right in the street view pictures and my car is in the photo in the satellite view. Before I moved in a little over a year ago, BF parked his car in the middle of the drive.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• I simply open the cards om the porch and let the cats, raccoons, and possums fight it out.

And for some reason I can never get the labels to print correctly. But I will adapt.
                    Meeeeoooow.....
                    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      I need my eyes testing.I have just put the address on an envelope to
                      Happy Fun Ball Drive.
                      I misrote a couple...but not that bad. (Wrote Ave instead of Street, left a letter out of a name...) so if your envelope has scribbles on it, sorry.

Comment

• ...and in some cities,an Ave instead of a Drive,a missed out S or SE instead of SW and it's hurtling across to the other side of town altogether...

Comment

• Got Kiwi's card today! (Well, yesterday, but I just checked the mail.)

Comment

• OK signed stuffed and labeled, ready to go buy stamps since mother misplaced the ones we bought in Jan.
                            Last edited by ParkingWitch; 12-07-2015, 01:40 AM. Reason: I can't type!
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Mine will go out as soon as I can get to the post office. And I write them out. There's always a catch.
                              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Mine are in my parents' mailbox waiting for the mailperson to pick them up. I was going to drop them in the mailbox outside the grocery store (cuz my mailbox is tiny) but I figured since I was at my parents' house last night I'd just stick them in their mailbox instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X