Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...I just realized the mail I set aside the other day has four cards in it...

A glittery polar bear from DGoddess and the Furbabies (sounds like a 60s girl group)
    A jolly Santa from Mathnerd
    Fuzzy elf boots from Lurking Sockpuppet (I love this card )
    and from Smiley Eagle... I didn't know Klingons celebrated Christmas...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I've gotten quite a few cards, thanks everyone.

I'll mail mine out Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry for the delay, I spent two weeks in the hospital with myositis.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

• I've had such a long week and have received quite a slew of cards that I haven't had time to open them until today.

So in no particular order, I've received this week from:

irv
        Mathnerd
        Morgana
        Ironclad Alibi
        Bhskittykatt (and Pippin )
        BookstoreEscapee
        ParkingWitch (and Mama Kaz)
        Taxguykarl
        LurkingSockpuppet
        Smileyeagle1021
        Monica

And I just grabbed a fresh pack of putty yesterday while on a quick run to Wallyworld (which turned into nearly an hour due to the insanely long lines) so I guess it's time to get the ladder out now and start hanging the card around the doorway this afternoon.

Quoth morgana View Post
        My cat is hiding under the bed. Apparently she hates glitter.
        Mine would probably try to EAT the glitter.

I have discovered that Pasquinel likes to play with the water while it's running in the sink, and Bubs likes the suds. I have to keep a towel nearby because we'll end up with soaked paws.
        Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 12-13-2015, 05:35 PM. Reason: don't need two consecutive posts
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• This weekend's cards are from Morgana, Dreamstalker, and a rather uncharacteristically serious card from Irv.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-14-2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Uh, yeah, about that:

Apparently the greeting card makers of the world have decided that Christmas is not a time for fart, dick or ass jokes. Or humor of any kind. I seriously couldn't find humorous Christmas cards anywhere this year; not even Hallmark, which is where I usually got them.

Guess I'll be shopping online for next year's Christmas cards.

Ah well, I'll try to do better next year.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Uh, yeah, about that:

Apparently the greeting card makers of the world have decided that Christmas is not a time for fart, dick or ass jokes. Or humor of any kind. I seriously couldn't find humorous Christmas cards anywhere this year; not even Hallmark, which is where I usually got them.

Guess I'll be shopping online for next year's Christmas cards.

Ah well, I'll try to do better next year.

I saw plenty at Target today. They were all single cards, though. Might get a tad expensive at 3 bucks a pop...

Comment

• I procured postage so the rest of mine should go out today and/or tomorrow.

I haven't tallied mine but I received a bunch. I didn't get around to opening them until last night, but I was drunk and don't recall exactly who all they were so I'll go back through later today or tomorrow and start tallying. I got drunk with a friend and was all, "Look at this newsletter from my f**king perfect cousins!" and she was all, "OMG they are so pretentious I don't even know them and I hate them!" and I was all, "Yeah that's why I'm drinking before I open them. And read this letter from my parents where my dad spends and entire page about how he mows the lawn." And she was all, "OMG these are so baaaaad." and I was all, "I know right?" and she was all "This is why we don't do newsletters. Hey what are all these?" And I was like "Cards!" and then we opened all the cards but I don't remember much about them.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  I procured postage so the rest of mine should go out today and/or tomorrow.

I haven't tallied mine but I received a bunch. I didn't get around to opening them until last night, but I was drunk and don't recall exactly who all they were so I'll go back through later today or tomorrow and start tallying. I got drunk with a friend and was all, "Look at this newsletter from my f**king perfect cousins!" and she was all, "OMG they are so pretentious I don't even know them and I hate them!" and I was all, "Yeah that's why I'm drinking before I open them. And read this letter from my parents where my dad spends and entire page about how he mows the lawn." And she was all, "OMG these are so baaaaad." and I was all, "I know right?" and she was all "This is why we don't do newsletters. Hey what are all these?" And I was like "Cards!" and then we opened all the cards but I don't remember much about them.
                  Were you still drunk when you wrote this?

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Were you still drunk when you wrote this?
                    a little bit but I got the cards all in the mail now at least
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      a little bit but I got the cards all in the mail now at least
                      Yay!

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        and from Smiley Eagle... I didn't know Klingons celebrated Christmas...
                        Well, missionaries have brought Christmas everywhere else in the galaxy, why not to the Klingons?
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                          Well, missionaries have brought Christmas everywhere else in the galaxy, why not to the Klingons?

Fair enough..

Today's slightly damp holiday cheer comes from Trixie, Mooncat, Iradney, my cousin Charles, and my friend Miriam.

Comment

• I've gotten 16 cards so far. Only 10 to go.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Yay! My cards are arriving! Not that I have any reason to doubt they won't, still nice to know they're where they're supposed to be.
                              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Yay! One of my cards arrived!!!
                                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                                X