This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday

My birthday's on the 28th, and it's the first one since my dad died, and my husband is out of town that day. I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself, not even sure I want to celebrate it. I keep thinking about the last gift my dad gave me - a gluggle jug, which I have in my curio, I don't think I'll ever use it. I might go take a cooking class, just not sure how to deal with the first birthday, or for that matter, the first Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., without my dad being here.

Was there anything special you and your dad would do for your birthday? You could always do that as a way of honoring your dad's memory and celebrating your day.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Why not invite some close friends over for dinner for your birthday? Then you can pour drinks for them from your gluggle jug.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Early happy birthday!

I agree with cindybubbles - and cook something he liked as well. Build new memories.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I celebrated my birthday while my dad was dying from an accident. I now realize that celebrating my birthday was important to the people I had left in my life.

Sadly, he passed away 10 days later.

Happy birthday, Erin.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Happy Birthday. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy your day.
            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
            X