Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Coming (or rather, it's Awakening!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Coming (or rather, it's Awakening!)

It's coming! What's your favorite Star Wars moment (so far)?

Mine is in A New Hope when Han careens around a corner, screaming a battle cry and a second later comes running back, followed by a crowd of Storm Troopers.

Makes me laugh every time.

Edit: no spoilers for the new movie please!
    Last edited by AnaKhouri; 12-17-2015, 04:23 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    It's coming! What's your favorite Star Wars moment (so far)?

Mine is in A New Hope when Han careens around a corner, screaming a battle cry and a second later comes running back, followed by a crowd of Storm Troopers.

Makes me laugh every time.
    I have a co-worker who's seeing it today, tomorrow, and Sunday.

He also sent me a "joke" image that reads

Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens
    Star Wars 8: The Force Hits The Snooze Button
    Star Wars 9: The Force Is Late For Work

I get to see it on Sunday...my workplace "bought out" some theaters in the area and gave us tickets.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
      Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens
      Star Wars 8: The Force Hits The Snooze Button
      Star Wars 9: The Force Is Late For Work

Son is so eager to see it, but he knows the crowds will be fierce the first few days. We promised him that we'd all go together sometime during the weeks he's off school on Christmas vacation.

I like the bit in Empire Strikes Back, where Solo thinks the Falcon is repaired and tries to go into hyperspace, you hear, "whir whir whir whir whirr whirrr whirrr..." and see the "not again!" expression on his face.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

In Return of the Jedi when Luke and Darth Vader sense each other while Han is trying to get permission to land on Endor. WHOOOPPSSSSS bad idea.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ. And also the one between Obi-Wan and Anakin in ROTS. I just love the emotion in those fights.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon

Comment

That's actually another of my favorite parts, Qui-Gon's death scene. Sure it's a little silly as most death scenes are, but right before he dies he kind of touches Obi-Wan's face in a very affectionate gesture. I think for human Jedi, the master-padawan relationship would be very parental or maybe older-sibling-ish. I felt like it was a nice acknowledgement that, because of human nature, they could never really become completely dispassionate, especially toward someone you'd see as your own son.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Let's not forget how it all got started...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU

Comment

I saw "The Force Awakens" today!

I liked it. Definitely worth seeing again. I thought it moved along at a good pace, and there were a few "wink and a nod" moments to the original trilogy. I felt they could have done a few things differently, but overall I liked the story.

I thought there were a few "No way!" moments, but I'm not going to spoil anything for anybody.

Comment

Just because I'm evil, here's a massive Star Wars spoiler:

May the DOWNforce be with you!
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

no clue I've never seen any of the movies
                      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Working...
                      X