This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicey vs. Gravity: 0-2

So this week I have had two close encounters with the ground.

Tuesday I stepped on a extra thick ice patch in a parking lot and slipped and fell.

Damage- A bruised hip and bruised ego from needing 3 people to help me up due to my feet continuing to slip underneath me as i tried to become vertical.

Two days ago I am home and heading to the corner store for caffeine for me and my mom and sister. I walk out with my cup holder o' soda start home and some how trip on a glove in the middle of the sidewalk. Down I go, soda explosion! I try to get up alone but I'm now sore and stiff and someone driving by sees me trying to get up, stops and helps me up, walking away with a bloody sleeve and a thanks for his time.

Damage- two scrapped up and bloody palms with a few pieces of gravel i have to pick out. Scrapped up and bloody elbow. Bruised knees and sore shoulder telling I came close to re-spraining. Also 3 DOA sodas i have to replace.

So..... im now just hoping to avoid further hurt.

Are we related??? On the same day I a) fell over a box at work and ended up with a concussion and b) later that night ran into my neighbor's car trailer, bruising my abdomen and incurring road rash on my hands and a cut on my shin. It's like if it's below my waist I don't see it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I fell in the shower the day after Black Friday and bruised my knee to the point that I was hurting all day. I also seem to have developed metatarsalgia or something similar in my right foot.

Gravity is not our friend right now.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        So this week I have had two close encounters with the ground.
        Well unless you learned to levitate, you don't get close encounters with the ground, you get impacts.

Gravity is not just a good idea, it's the law.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          Well unless you learned to levitate, you don't get close encounters with the ground, you get impacts.

Gravity is not just a good idea, it's the law.
          well my face never made contact so that's why its close encounters. My head was always safe.

Comment

Last week, I cycled to the shops and back on what turned out to be a thin layer of ice rather than a road. I do have winter tyres with ice studs, but it turns out these only work if the wheel is approximately perpendicular to the road surface - and this road is uneven enough at the edges that this really isn't always practical.

Fortunately, I managed to avoid injury when the bike inevitably slipped out from under me. I did my best to stay near the crown of the road (which was more consistently level) after that.

Comment

Four years ago, while shopping at the Eaton Centre, I slipped and fell four steps and landed on my right ankle. It was so bad that I was holed up on the second floor of my old condo with a bandaged ankle using a paddle for a crutch for four weeks. I now avoid their steps and use their ramps whenever I can, because you never know when another fall could happen.

My mother fell on her right knee four times during our stay at my sister's house. Now she needs knee replacement surgery.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

These stories are making me cringe!
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X