This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythbusters - rowers pulling a skiier

What a dumb bunny they have commenting - stupid woman says the myth of rowers pulling a skiier is something diescuued by rowers for rowers, and that they don't know anything about skiing...as if rowing precludes being able to waterski. Oddly enough, the Yale rowers frequently row on the Thames River with a boathouse *snuggled up right next to the submarine mase my husband spent 20 years at* and oddly enough the same guys that rowed could also be found hooked up with speed boats and water skiing in the area [not to mention one of my cousins water skiied assiduously and did rowing shell as his university sport ...]

I suppose liking one water passtime means you can't like or be competent in any other one ...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Honestly, the result of that particular "myth" didn't surprise me much. I found it interesting, but it wasn't smooth, but that's just because of the nature of rowing.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I agree, I have played in a shell with my cousin when I went to visit him, and I knew a few of the Yale rowers from 98-99. I wouldn't want to try and compensate for the jerks [not meaning the rowers =)] and I used to be quite a good skiier when I was young.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Which is why they had Jamie doing it. It looked like a heck of a workout staying upright
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          Which is why they had Jamie doing it. It looked like a heck of a workout staying upright
          It would have been, though they handicapped him by having the line too low to the surface of the water [it works better when the line is about waist height above surface instead of 8 inches or so. ]

Comment

Working...
          X