X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cute as f- socks

Story time!

Meimei has always been step away from being a 50s Holly-Homemaker type her whole life. She cooks fabulous meals, she wants things like kitchen aid stand up mixers (in the color to match her kitchen), has her ocd organization, makes hand made candies and when she bakes cookies she always makes at least 3 varieties.

Heck this year her christmas want list where: New pot holders, The kitchen aid stand up mixer, and a apron.

To go with this she always does theme presents. Usually she gets two different things cause she likes to have more of a gift basket thing going on so she like to think of a theme.

This year the theme were:
    Mama Slicey: Things she actually has said she wanted and needed to some extent (not a big theme but it meant she got double layer fuzzy socks to she can keep her feet warm and compressed like he doctor wants and a tablet so when she travels with the NERDS she doesn't have to lug her laptop around)
    The Boy: Firefly. He just bought his first house, decided he wanted to be the center of Christmas time and asked for ornaments for his first tree for his first Christmas in his new house. He got Jayne hat ornaments, A leaf on the wind wall art and Firefly playing cards. (I made him crotchet ornaments a wreath, a snowman and a snowflake mom 'made' i.e. had me make him a dice-icle a icicle made from dice)
    Slicey: TOTORO! See slicey is working to get her degree in early childhood and elementary education and has a big affinity for the cute, animated, fuzzy and generally adorable. I also love socks. So she bought me a Totoro backpack (which surprised the heck out of me, how did she know mine was dying? I hadn't even admitted that to mama!) and ordered me studio ghibli socks. These socks not only have totoro in the tree with the girls on one pair, but Sen, Haku and No-face on another, Howl and Sophie with the castle on the third and Kiki flying with Jiji on the last. I told her she should have made the theme studio ghibli instead of totoro but I LOVE THE SOCKS so freaking cute.

the one bad thing was the socks didn't arrive until to day but I love them anyways. all in all i got 12 pairs of socks this x-mas.... i don't think i need to covet the superhero socks i had to resist back in october anymore.

I'll try to get pics and post later when its not 3am.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 01-05-2016, 09:36 PM.

I don't care how cute the socks are... they won't function as condoms!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      I don't care how cute the socks are... they won't function as condoms!
      Somehow, I don't think this is an issue Slicey is going to have to deal with, seeing as how she's not plumbed that way nor is any significant other she may have.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Somehow, I don't think this is an issue Slicey is going to have to deal with, seeing as how she's not plumbed that way nor is any significant other she may have.
        Also she likes girls.

My cute socks are better anyways.

Comment

I love cute knee socks but I can only wear ones with stripes, because my calves are so fat (no matter what weight I am, my calves are always fat for some reason) that any pictures on knee socks get all stretched into blobs.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Sounds like The Boy had a very Browncoat Christmas...Well, at least his tree did. I did, too, courtesy of a cool friend or two. Ya know what they say- any tree willin' to wear a hat like that, ain't afraid o' nobody.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Condoms aren't just for defense from the Jolly Roger...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Condoms aren't just for defense from the Jolly Roger...
                True but I'm basically celibate

Comment

Working...
                X