This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Socks

So my birthday is coming up, and Toth and Bast have decided to do a '12 days of Seshatmas' out of it.

I happen to desperately need new socks. And every day, I'm getting a sock, filled with stocking stuffer type gifts.

So far I've mostly gotten chocolates or sweets, but I also have two Twilight Sparkles, the little ones about as tall as a thumb. One normal, one Princess.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Sounds like a fun way to get socks!

Comment

*sneaks in,eyes up Twilight Sparkles*.....yoink....

...disappears....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

That's a really cute idea!!

Comment

Happy Seshatmas!

And you totally deserve nice things
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Extramarital socks? ��
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Seshat: It's my birthday! Sock it to me!
              Bast and Toth: You got it, babe!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At least the socks weren't individually wrapped themselves! My family was guilty of that when I was small, as quantity of presents was more important than contents to me...
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Kit, you give those back!

Thank you everyone. Sockmas continues; with a lovely silver(-look) ear ornament that hooks over the ear and is stylised feathers. And the partner to yesterday's sock, and two chocolates.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Me?---->
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I have some more socks and chocolates: another green bamboo-fabric sock (WONDERFUL for days when my feet are more tender than usual), and a thick purple sock for winter, and a Starry Night sock.

And DON'T yoink my Twilight Sparkle plushie! (her mane and tail need a brushing anyway. So there.)
                      Unfortunately whoever designed her left off the cutie mark on her right flank - she has it on the left, just not the right. She also has her Princess/alicorn wings, in a shimmery pink, as well as a purple/silver alicorn horn.

Comment

Do ba do-ba-do-ba do ba dee.
                        Do ba do-ba-do-ba do ba dee.
                        Why are there so many
                        Songs about rainbows
                        And what's on the other side?
                        Another green sock, which promptly became a sock puppet and thus was transformed into Kermit - singing.
                        Last edited by Seshat; 01-20-2016, 01:05 AM. Reason: How do you stop spelling banananana?

Comment

Oh, bamboo socks are so soft.....I think I'll do this for my best friend...it would be a good way to stretch Christmas into her birthday...

Comment

Working...
                          X