X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm....pi(e)

Today should be American Pi(e) day surely :P
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I HATE Pi Day. You know why?

It's my birthday. It was my birthday long before anyone decided to call it Pi Day. I don't WANT pie, I want cake.

(I didn't even get cake this year though, my cake crumbled right out of the pan. So I sent the husband to the store for pudding mix and turned it into a trifle).
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

It's my birthday. It was my birthday long before anyone decided to call it Pi Day. I don't WANT pie, I want cake.

(I didn't even get cake this year though, my cake crumbled right out of the pan. So I sent the husband to the store for pudding mix and turned it into a trifle).
      The cake is a lie on the day of Pi? My oh my...

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

I hope the trifle was good (and happy birthday!).

I have two sisters who celebrate Pi Day, but they're math teachers.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Happy Pi Day, when we celebrate the dreadful knowledge of arithmetic that heralds the coming of the Deep Maths. Iä! Iä!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Did you guys hear about the audio on the mathematical stereo?

It was Pi Phi...get it?

Anyway, I'm not "allowed" to have pie. My family "celebrates" pi day, with a half pie (because a semicircle, or 180º is pi radians), but since I'm eating a healthier diet now, my son has "informed" me that I can't have any, because I'm only supposed to eat "healthy" foods.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Had to think about this, then realized you silly Americans put your dates' backwards :P
              (I'm in NZ, we use dd/mm/yyyy as opposed to your mm/dd/yyyy).
              "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
              Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

It was Pi Phi...get it?

Anyway, I'm not "allowed" to have pie. My family "celebrates" pi day, with a half pie (because a semicircle, or 180º is pi radians), but since I'm eating a healthier diet now, my son has "informed" me that I can't have any, because I'm only supposed to eat "healthy" foods.
                It's just fruit!!!!! Fruuuuuuuuiiiiiiitt!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Worst chemists ever. Not one single co-worker mentioned Pi Day. No one brought pie to work. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

It was Pi Phi...get it?

How does he define healthy? I made a gluten free, paleo raspberry tart last week and it was amazing...

On a side note, though, today I said screw paleo, screw Weight Watchers, and went and bought pie from a special bakery. So. Damned. Good. I brought it with me to my parent's so we could sabotage our diets together.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                      Had to think about this, then realized you silly Americans put your dates' backwards :P
                      So my room mate tells me I think it's the Dutch blood

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Oh and happy pi day too

Comment

In high school my BFF and I memorized Pi out to about 40 digits so we could compete in the lunchtime Pi-reciting competition to win free pies! I always got first, she got second. Most of our classmates who participated knew a dozen, maybe two dozen digits max. I still know it to around two dozen digits.

I bought myself some cherry pie on the way home. At the clinic I was at they had banana cream pie, but watching someone cut it, it looked rock-hard (maybe not thawed enough?), so I declined that.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I once had coconut cream pie, lemon meringue pie and pecan pie. Too bad none of those days when I had them were Pi Day.
                            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                              Why not use the ISO standard yyyy/mm/dd? Since it goes from largest to smallest unit, it's easily extendable to add the time if you need more precision.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X