This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cat has a screw loose...

For some reason, Sally has taken to licking the couch. I have no idea why she's doing this. There's no way that the cover can taste good, nor does it have any food or food residue on it. But, she'll spend a lot of time licking her sleeping area (she sleeps on the top of the couch's back, pushing down the cushion to make a little nest) before she goes to sleep. The constant moisture and licking doesn't seem to be hurting the couch, but I don't get why she's doing that. Any ideas?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

She might just like the sensation of the couch texture on her tongue. One of my cats likes to lick plastic bags if he finds them. Of course we are very careful about it but luckily he does not try to eat the plastic.
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Maybe she likes the way it smells better after she licks it.

My cat Maggie sometimes licks the blanket while she's washing. No idea why.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Cats having a screw loose is not unusual. I think it's part of their natural charm.

My previous cat would sometimes lick my sock. While I was wearing it.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Cats are weird. That's why we love them. Dogs, too.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Kitties sometimes like to groom things other than themselves. Missy our older female likes to like hubby's arm hair. Dogs are weird too; our dachshund is obsessed with Hubby's shaved-bald head and cannot go to sleep at night until he has "cleaned" every inch of it.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Ours lick the bed sheets constantly.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

One of our female cats (years ago) loved to lick/groom our wet just-out-of-the-shower hair. She would sit up on the top of the chair and have at it.

Another couple of cats just loved to lick/groom our forearms (no we were not a hairy bunch). I could only take so much of the cat's sandpaper tongue.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I had a cat that liked to lick plastic bags too. Our dog likes to lick the carpet. Go figure.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    My cat Maggie sometimes licks the blanket while she's washing. No idea why.
                    I think most cats will groom most anything that gets in the way of their bathtime. Our cat will lick my forehead if I try to get kitty boops while she's cleaning herself.

My in-laws had a cat who would lick pretty much anything but it was confirmed he had a few screws loose (he was cross-eyed and clearly not very smart- he reminded me of Nermal from the Garfield comics). They also have a dog who regularly licks the couch and the carpet.
                    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
                    X