This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingers Dating Gingers might not be a good idea

So this past weekend I and the GF got into it. Let me give you some back story.

We have been dating for about 7 months she goes to College and lives with her parents. She is 8 years younger than me. I like her in time I think we will be a good fit.... BUT!

Every week I get the same old speech "You should buy a house", I am only living here for another year and half.

She wants to be with me but doesn't want to move away from mommy and daddy. (Guess what I'm moving in a year and half doesn't matter)

I know those last two go together. (No dear you are not smarter than me)

The last 3 weeks I have been running around, driving around, doing everything she wants to do. This past weekend I needed to do a full cleaning of the Apartment, each room, I needed to move the living room around for better use, clean all the guns WE shot at the range that I have not had the time to do, take my dog to the vet for his 6 month check up, and sort old stuff to go to goodwill.

So Friday night we go out to a BBQ, and pool party (no work gets done) Saturday she spends the day playing games on her IPad and shaving her poodle on the porch while I clean the Apartment and move furniture, do laundry, clean bathrooms ect. Sunday morning she starts complaining I have kept her cooped up all weekend...wtf? So Sunday I drop my dog off at the vet for his appointment and take her to Sunday Brunch at a nice restaurant, Where she complains she wants to see a movie, So we go see the new Xmen. While in the Movie I get the call my dog is ready. (yes phone on silent) She starts in on me about being rude while raising a huge fuss which is more annoying than the 20 sec call I have already hung up on. Then her parents, sister, and brother in law blow up her phone but that's ok. Movie ends we go pick up the dog and I listen to her bitch all the way home. She tells me she is hormonal right now and that I should be understanding and supportive....

My response was

Your being a bitch and blaming me and hormones for your attitude. You have lived with your family for your whole life and have no idea what the real world is like. Someone has always taken care of you. One weekend or more to the point one day out of one weekend in the last 3 almost 4 weeks is NOT cooped up the whole weekend and you have your own car and can go do anything you want.

I then went and cleaned all of the guns, She went home.

I swear if this doesn't work out I will NEVER date again!!!

I'm seeing some red flags.

The whole pressuring you to buy a house so she can stay near mommy and daddy?
    Yeah no.

Comment

Ya that I see that one coming.

Comment

Don't let Little Miss Spoiled sour you on the rest of human race, dude. We're not all like that.

Comment

Yikes. I live at home, but damned if I treat anyone in my life like that!!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Don't let Little Miss Spoiled sour you on the rest of human race, dude. We're not all like that.
            Iv been around the block but if I make it to 50 (Not far off) i'm a confirmed Bachelor by definition.

The last one I dated was Nice no major drama just she wouldn't ever move, in my line of work that's a killer.

One before that was swim fan stalker level 100!! Took 2 weeks to understand that and 11 months to get rid of it.

Then there was the I'm an American that wants to stay in Germany and needs a baby daddy for my kids. Nice women never going to move.

Then Nut house insane ( i mean that literally ended up locked up in an insane asylum) I ended up with her kids for 6 months till there Father got custody. I wasn't fighting it her lawyer was, the Father was a cool guy me and him are friends and still chat.

Then there was I cant decided if i'm lesbian or straight or bi, oh hell i'm going to just go marry my last boyfriend and let you know with a note on your door.

Then the Cougar that cleaned out my bank account.

Or the im going to tell lies about you so no one else will be interested in you but end up almost getting you fired and investigated because of the horrible lies I said.

Or the Let me dump you because my boss got me hooked on Coke (not the drink) and he is my supplier even though he beats me. (oh and I will contact you 10 years later trying to make up)

Or Hay I love you but here is a pair of scissors i'm going to try and stab you in the heart with.

Yep lots of great humans,..... This is why I like my dog he doesn't try and kill me... on purpose.

LOL at least I can laugh at my life.

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
              Ya that I see that one coming.
              You see her parent's opinions, wants, and needs coming first?

Quoth Crai View Post
              Iv been around the block but if I make it to 50 (Not far off) i'm a confirmed Bachelor by definition.

*snip*

LOL at least I can laugh at my life.

That's a LOT of crazy!
              Last edited by EricKei; 06-14-2016, 12:22 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, trimmed quote

Comment

A friend of mine once told us some sage advice--

No matter how hot she is, DON'T STICK IT IN THE CRAY!
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

One spoiled banana doesn't mean the rest of the fruits are fruity....lol.

Comment

How...that's a long list of crazy. You're a crazy magnet! Yikes. You have my sympathies.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I WAS going to say that men seem to give up too quickly on women, while women always seem willing to give another guy a chance, but then I read your list of ex's.

Dude, you gotta start hangin' out with a better class of people!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                        How...that's a long list of crazy. You're a crazy magnet! Yikes. You have my sympathies.
                        I was kind of thinking this, too. I kinda don't want to say this, but yeah... giving up on trying to date just might be the better thing for you. Try to hang onto at least a shred of hope though. Out of all the crazy in the world, the crazy that fits you just might be walking around out there.

And Nunavut Pants, the crazy ones are the most fun. *evil grin*
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                          And Nunavut Pants, the crazy ones are the most fun. *evil grin*
                          To a point I will agree but remember they are crazy and that is its own kind of negative.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            To a point I will agree but remember they are crazy and that is its own kind of negative.
                            So? I am crazy.
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                            X