This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um. Ouch.

So today I was in the shower and ah it felt so good, with the temp outside in the late 90s and humidity so high. At least we'll get a thundershower this week. I swear, I look at the lawns and they're all brown and dried out. Dumb drought. I wish I could just live in the shower.
    Anyway, so I was scrubbing my back, and though some people use tools, I like to use my hands and reach over. So while I'm doing this. I feel a small, pea sized lump on my back. At first I think it's a zit, I get those in the shower sometimes. So I automatically tried to squeeze it. It wouldn't pop. I'm thinking, huh that's weird. So I tried harder, but it still wouldn't. I figure it's one of those underground zits and give up.
    As I draw my hand back, I feel a hard sting, and there's something on my finger tips. At first I thought it was a scab, because it was very dark. But it didnt seem exactly like one, instead of being flaky and dry, it was soft, like skin. I figured the water made it soft and threw it away.
    After getting out, I looked in the mirror at my back over my shoulder to see exactly what it was. I was horrified. I had completely forgotten that I had a mole there and it was all torn off, with just a piece left. I realized that I had just tried to tear my poor mole off and it was inflamed and puffy. D:
    So yeah. I hope someone who reads this won't do what I did. I hope that it doesn't turn funny. I googled it and it said it won't, but....
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I had a skin coloured mole on my cheek and another behind my ear that I did that to about once or twice a week in the shower (why does the shower make them itch). They finally gave up growing back and now they are both age spots. I don't know how moles turn into age spots when you won't let them grow, but the doctor said neither is cancer, so yay? He also says the florescent purple mole on my thigh is not cancer, so who knows, maybe he's just not that good a doctor

I used to have a mole below my armpit right where my bra strap would continually rip it out, after being ripped out a few dozen times it just gave up growing altogether and didn't seem to cause any problems either, so other than the temporary pain I would hope yours is not a problem.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Yeah, I've done that, too. So far, no issues, so hopefully you'll be fine once the pain is done.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've done this before.

I realized what I was doing once it started ripping off, but at that point decided to just keep going.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My dad has a tendency to accidentally shave off the one on his cheek. I also have one on my cheek, smaller and in a different place, but being female I don't have to worry about shaving it off. Instead, I have to worry about the collection of blackheads that tends to grow right up against it.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I have a (slightly raised at the time) mole/birthmark on my waist. Years ago, I was trying to dye a flightsuit for my Ghostbusters costume. Like an idiot, I attempted to carry the plastic tote full of wet fabric and water over to the utility sink and drain it there rather than doing the smart thing of wringing the suit out, throwing it in the machine and then emptying the water from the tote into the sink.

The edge of the tote was resting on my waistband, and slipped. I felt a stinging, didn't think much of it until I got back upstairs, took off my pants which had dye and water all over them, and saw blood I had torn the mole partway off. It eventually "reattached" with no issues, save for being more raised than it used to and lighter in color.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
            X