This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Funny" words?

What's a word (or words) that you find funny? It's OK if you don't know why, but if you want to, you can say why it's funny.

For me, for some reason, licorice is one of those words. It's amusing for some reason, and I really don't know why.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I like Moist (because other people hate it)

there are more, but I am seriously drawing a blank

Comment

Quattlebaum!!!

It's actually the name of a funeral home I've dealt with. I just think it sounds funny.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Asus. The computer people. Because it sounds like asses. Yes, I'm immature. XD

Comment

Funny words? Inconceivable!
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Spleen!
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Pork.

Don't ask me why. I just find the word hilarious for some reason.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I feel obligated to drop this here.

It's foods that Garfield finds funny but when you think about it, the words really are...
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Innuendo

Mostly because Colin Mochrie blurted out "Innuendo is not an Italian suppository" on Who's line once.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I like the word eyeball so much that I frequently use it in place of eye. It's just so much more...3D. I also like to use deers as plural.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Pork.

Don't ask me why. I just find the word hilarious for some reason.
                      Why is it I'm thinking of the Porky's trilogy right now?

As for funny words, is there a funnier one than the one appendage males have that we women don't?
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Concatenate
                        Beluga
                        Geoduck "gooey-duck"
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                          I like Moist (because other people hate it)
                          Moist makes me laugh.

There is some characters in the Terry Prachett books of which my sister's late partner and our best friend dressed up as. As me and Ian were waiting for her and my sis a lady came up to us excitedly and exclaimed "Are you Moist?!"

Well yes he was Moist von Lipwig and my friend was Adora Belle Dearheart from Going Postal and Making Money. Although he nearly said "in this suit definitely"
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

My favourite word ever is antidisestablishmentarianism. This is what it means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidi...shmentarianism

It is the coolest word ever, but it does sound funny. XD
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Bird. I think it's because the "ir" part makes it sound like it should be spelled "burd" and that both sounds and looks funny.

Also "queue" because... I mean, why do you have to have four consecutive silent letters in a word? Especially a five-letter word?
                              The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
                              X