This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Superman's suit...

I've been wondering how/where he keeps his suit under his clothes...

I mean, when he's wearing his "work suit" (i.e. as "Clark" at the Daily Planet), he could probably keep most of it under his business suit (except for the red boots).

But what about when he's wearing other clothes?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Quoth mjr View Post
    I've been wondering how/where he keeps his suit under his clothes...
    Indecent exposure in a phone booth... as long as it isn't blue.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Indecent exposure in a phone booth... as long as it isn't blue.
      Well, in Superman II, he has it on under his business suit, at least on one occasion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kxuwb8bzQ

And in Superman The Movie, he changed in a revolving door:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7OBEd5hRM

Comment

When you're fast enough to reverse time, "brief nudity" takes on an entirely different meaning.

Same goes for the Flash, really. He keeps his suit in a ring and changes on the fly.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          When you're fast enough to reverse time, "brief nudity" takes on an entirely different meaning.

Same goes for the Flash, really. He keeps his suit in a ring and changes on the fly.
          He could reverse time, but couldn't catch two missiles headed in opposite directions.

And depending on which version you watch, he did the "reverse time" thing twice.

Comment

At one point, Sups was keeping his costume in some sort of super-compressed something-or-other, and he used his super-speed to change on the fly (so to speak).

Quoth mjr View Post
            He could reverse time, but couldn't catch two missiles headed in opposite directions.
            Oh, you mean like this?
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
              At one point, Sups was keeping his costume in some sort of super-compressed something-or-other, and he used his super-speed to change on the fly (so to speak).
              Ah, ok. Kryptonian Technology.

Oh, you mean like this?
              Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Comment

Its been said several times in the comics that he keeps his regular clothes in a pocket in his cape.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Ah, ok. Kryptonian Technology.
                  I don't think so, more like Batmanian tech. I just wonder how he keeps it from getting wrinkled when it's super-compressed.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                    I just wonder how he keeps it from getting wrinkled when it's super-compressed.
                    Cold breath (regulated to be not THAT cold) to establish humidity, then carefully-controlled heat vision to warm it up. A quarter of a second to press it all with his hands and get back into the civvie clothes. Also, "wrinkle-free" fabrics might help, too. In most versions, nobody is gonna expect Clark Kent of all people to be wearing fashionable wear. They'll be expecting him to wear cheap polyester and crap.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 08-12-2016, 01:04 PM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not while he was a TV newscaster, they wouldn't! He was on the Daily Globe's newscast back in... uh... the 80's, I think. Or maybe the 90's. You don't wear cheap crap on TV!

Comment

Not today, no...But in the 70's and 80's? And as a B-list reporter (intentionally) instead of an anchor?
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There is also the problem of Superman's other suit, the paternity suit.

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Hun-EH?! Where's my super-suit?!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              Hun-EH?! Where's my super-suit?!
                              YOU TELL ME WHERE MY SUIT IS, WOMAN!!
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X