This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Circus...

Well, we're going to the circus known for the elephants.

You know, The Two Brothers and Guy One and Guy Two Circus...The Most Spectacular Event On The Planet!

Anyway, we're going because my son earned a circus ticket through our local library.

We've gone the last few years, and every year it just seems "meh". I think I've only enjoyed portions of a circus twice. And that was the one with Bello Nock, and one that was centered around magic.

Don't get me wrong, they have talents I don't, and can definitely do things that I can't (i.e. wire walking). But there's only so many times I can see dogs jump through hula hoops. More often than not, I'm just "meh" at most things in the circus.

The good thing is, my son usually doesn't want any plush toys or souvenirs from the show, so we usually try to get by with just tickets and something to drink, and have lunch afterward.

Has anyone else had the experience of the circus just being kinda "meh"?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

As far as I know, RB B&B no longer uses elephants in their shows. There was a big news story that they were being phased out, and a few months back they advertised here as this being the last chance to see the elephants. It's a wise decision and I'm glad they chose to do that.

My mom and stepdad took Khan to the circus when he was 4. I also didn't want to go but Khan wanted me to come. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It really is spectacular and there are tons of crazy stunts and three rings so no matter where you sit, something is going on in front of you. It's really expensive so we've only been once though. Maybe if you gave it a rest for a few years you might come to enjoy it again.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I've only been to the circus once. I believe I was 4 or 5, but I could have been as young as 3. We sat in the nosebleed section so I couldn't really see much.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

At the state fair they have a family circus troupe come in. It's an old world italian family and it's a great show. The kids really enjoyed it. My dad hated it.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          As far as I know, RB B&B no longer uses elephants in their shows. There was a big news story that they were being phased out, and a few months back they advertised here as this being the last chance to see the elephants. It's a wise decision and I'm glad they chose to do that.
          I don't know if this is a permanent thing or not, but when I went, they didn't have elephants, but they did have camels.

Comment

but they did have camels.
            You mean that in an era where cigarette companies aren't allowed to sponsor an event targeted at adults (why the Winston Cup is now the Sprint Cup in NASCAR), a circus - which is targeted at kids - is allowed to promote cigarettes?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              You mean that in an era where cigarette companies aren't allowed to sponsor an event targeted at adults (why the Winston Cup is now the Sprint Cup in NASCAR), a circus - which is targeted at kids - is allowed to promote cigarettes?
              Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Not those kind of camels!

Comment

This swinging camel:Click image for larger version

Name:	IABD Choice+.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	2030668
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have that record... Yes, vinyl LP!
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    I have that record... Yes, vinyl LP!
                    One of my favorite albums and bands. I saw them (again - 4th/5th time) about 10 years ago in Park City and David's 89 year old mother was up and dancing.

I have a recording of a KPIG interview on 9/9/01 where David tells how the band's first out-of-Bay-Area gig was in Salt Lake and they packed into a recycled $200 UPS truck (David stuffed his hair under a cowboy hat to cross Nevada) and as they rounded the mountains into range of SL on a hot August night... "Hot Summer Day" came on the radio!

Several of my friends were at that concert, first show: $1.50. There were only a score or so in the audience, so the MC said, "If you're over 18 you can just stay." They weren', but they did.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One of my favorite posters from the collection I inherited from a family friend:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                      X