This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be like Steven.

Steven was my cousin. He was 41. He blew his brains out Thursday. He leaves behind his dad, sister, brother, 2 nieces, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Don't be like him. If you're hurting, and need help, please get it. There are people out there who will listen, even if it doesn't seem like it.

"Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    Steven was my cousin. He was 41. He blew his brains out Thursday. He leaves behind his dad, sister, brother, 2 nieces, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Don't be like him. If you're hurting, and need help, please get it. There are people out there who will listen, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Condolences to you and your family, VS.

Here's the number, also, for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, if anyone needs it.

1-800-273-8255
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

/hugs VS

That really sucks, I'm dealing with a similar situation myself.

Comment

It's horrible, and hugs for you Akasa.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

to both VS and Akasa, and anyone else who needs one.

Life can be overwhelming, and depression is a bitch. Please, if you find yourself considering ending it all, seek help.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

There's always someone who'll listen.

Comment

The funeral is on Tuesday. Got my hotel booked, and a rental car booked, so I don't have to rack up miles on my old car.

I'll also be able to stop at a few breweries on the way. I think Steven would have liked that part.

Comment

Sorry for your loss
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this! Many times people don't know where to turn for help.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm so sorry, VS.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Big hugs for you, VS, and also you Akasa.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Yesterday, the day of the funeral was a good, but tough day. I was wrong about how he killed himself. He shot himself in the chest. It was an open casket. He was buried in a Minnesota Vikings jersey, he was a huge fan. It was windy as fuck at the cemetery. It almost blew me over. We then had lunch at the church, then we went to the farm for a visit. I haven't been there in a quarter century. It brought back memories. The time us boys locked my sister and mu cousin Roxanne in the shed - gave us a good laugh.

The drive home was tough, between road construction on US 52, almost hitting a deer near Sabin, and an idiot with small ding dong syndrome in a huge truck almost hitting me near Alexandria. The rental car is returned and I'm back at work.

Comment

*hugs all around*
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                          X