This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books as Clickbait Headlines

Someone on reddit asked what the titles of your favorite book would be if it was a clickbait headline.

Teenage Sex Slave is Given to Sociopathic Conqueror. You Won't Believe What Happens Next!

Wow, it sounds...trashy..when you put it that way.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Englishman spends years wandering around in outer space. You won't believe what happened to him!
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

English Woman is flung into the past. You won't believe what happens next!

Comment

Ooh, can I do this for the novel I'm writing?

This Priest Has a Dirty Secret...And It's Not What You Think!

Alternatively...

This Man is Older Than You Think. His Secret to Staying Young Will Shock You!

Though that could just as easily pass for a clickbait headline for The Picture of Dorian Gray...

Comment

Mysterious boy shows up to this girl's school and you'll never guess his secret. [no it's not Twilight]
          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide, Outlander...but you got me on yours, darkroxas45.

Kaylyn- there are no new plots. Just make it unique.

Comment

Will true love save this teenage girl from the cancer that threatens to kill her? Read to find out!
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Man starts first newspaper, uncovers plot to overthrow city leader!
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Painters hate him. One boy's trick on getting his fence painted will shock you.

This should be obvious.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Haha, very clever! Tom Sawyer. And Ghel's is The Fault in Our Stars. Stumped by the newspaper one.

This turned into a game. I like it!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                      Man starts first newspaper, uncovers plot to overthrow city leader!
                      The Truth by Terry Pratchett.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                        The Truth by Terry Pratchett.
                        I almost felt I made it sound too normal. I'd be interested to see if someone could come up with a headline for Hogfather.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I almost felt I made it sound too normal. I'd be interested to see if someone could come up with a headline for Hogfather.
                          Famous collector fills in for sneaky gift giver while his granddaughter keeps the bookkeepers unbalanced.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Real Human or Synthetic Android? This Man Can Tell The Difference!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                              Real Human or Synthetic Android? This Man Can Tell The Difference!
                              Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X