This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so pissed right now!

I have a good friend who is MTF trans and has kept it from her family. Take all those stereotypes about Southern Bible Thumpers and increase it at least x10. They would not approve, nor understand. In fact they'd disown her. They threatened to disown her for having pink hair FFS!

A person she thought was a friend, who she'd given $, used phones, A PLACE TO LIVE! Decided to out her because she's broke and can no longer funnel money into them.

I spent *3 HOURS* talking her down off the cliff!

I want to ruin this piece of shit's life!

There's a subreddit for that.

Comment

When you said that I was thinking "which part?" Now I know.

Comment

I'm so sorry your friend is having to go through that.

What a horrible excuse for a human being that other person is.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

It hard to say who is worse. The traitorous friend or the family.

Hugs and prayers.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            It hard to say who is worse. The traitorous friend or the family.
            Both the traitorous friend and the family are pretty reprehensible, but if I had to choose which is worse, I'd say the family. Friends may come and go, but family is supposed to be there for you no matter what. If it wasn't for the family's collective mental malfunction, the traitorous friend could not have done any real damage. Shame on the backstabbing friend and shame on the intolerant family both.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
              Both the traitorous friend and the family are pretty reprehensible, but if I had to choose which is worse, I'd say the family. Friends may come and go, but family is supposed to be there for you no matter what. If it wasn't for the family's collective mental malfunction, the traitorous friend could not have done any real damage. Shame on the backstabbing friend and shame on the intolerant family both.
              I agree, but you can't choose your family or make them change. The traitorous friend knew the OP's friend would have her life ruined if her family ever found out about her transition, took advantage of it, and outed her when she wasn't any use to her any more.

Which, sadly, seems to be something that's increasing on both a personal and professional level. People are just rude and mean and don't want to interact with others unless they serve them in some way. It makes me feel like the future is going to be pretty bleak.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Which is more reprehensible... being narrow minded religious bigots or a backstabbing weasel? I think I'd say the backstabbing weasel. After all, her family never pretended to be anything but what they are. Her 'friend' was nothing of the sort.

Comment

Also, there was no reason for the "friend" to out her except pure unadulterated meanness. What would she gain from it? Sure as hell the person being outed wouldn't ever help her out again, so she was not only vicious, she burned her bridges pretty thoroughly. Bitch.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I agree, but you can't choose your family or make them change. The traitorous friend knew the OP's friend would have her life ruined if her family ever found out about her transition, took advantage of it, and outed her when she wasn't any use to her any more.

Which, sadly, seems to be something that's increasing on both a personal and professional level. People are just rude and mean and don't want to interact with others unless they serve them in some way. It makes me feel like the future is going to be pretty bleak.

There is no future. This election year has proved to me that the Apocalypse is at hand.

Comment

Took 3 days, but she seems lime there's no longer a crisis.

My life on the othwr hand is in tumoil.

Comment

I wish I could hug your friend. What a terrible thing to do to someone.
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Too bad the traitorous friend can't transition from scum to human. People like that are less than dirt.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X