This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this be sucky of me to do?

It's been awhile, but I've posted on here before about issues with an "Angela Brown" in the UK typing in my e-mail addresses when registering accounts with websites/placing orders, and thanks to a recent order she placed, I now know her home address.

Would it be sucky of me to send "Angela" a polite note letting her know what has been happening, and asking her to please stop using my e-mail address? This doesn't happen every day, but it IS often enough that I've had to unsubscribe from mailing lists, and contact various websites about taking my information off "Angela's" account.

It would not be sucky. However, I would be concerned about the possible backlash (Yes, I have lost all faith in humanity).

If this was an unintentional mistake on her behalf, she will probably be thankful that you pointed it out.

If this was an intentional act, prepare to see a flood of spam as she signs up your email address up for God knows what.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm guessing it's unintentional, because it's not a constant thing....it's just happened often enough that I'm thinking I should let "Angela" know about it. (I googled the address, and it's apparently an area that would be considered "senior citizen housing" in the US, so I'm thinking she's an older woman)

Comment

Perhaps her eek-mail address is similar to yours and she mis-types?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Perhaps her eek-mail address is similar to yours and she mis-types?
          That's what I was thinking. Probably two letters accidentally switched around from time to time.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            That's what I was thinking. Probably two letters accidentally switched around from time to time.
            Or doubled/omitted or adjacent key hit.
            Do you dismember the Urple II keyboard with Reset next to Return? Or the Thresh80 Break next to Backspace?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Or how Melinda French's husband put the "close window" button right beside the "maximize window" button.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X