This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So depressed

After 3 days of repeatedly talking a friend of the ledge, I had a instance of memory of my friend who commit suicide, then on a message board I was attacked as a heartless asshole because I gave instructions to a new mother who's babies are in NICU ways to stave off panic attacks, because if she's mid panic attack when drs try to talk to her she needs to be with it.

I just can't deal with this.

The mother took it in the spirit I meant it, BTW.

Time to block some idiots on that message board, if possible--the ones who called you heartless. Ugh. (If I were that new mother I would LOVE some ways to stave off panic attacks! In fact I'm NOT a new mother and I'd STILL like to know how to do that. Glad she at least understood you were trying to help!)

Take some time to be good to yourself and put some distance between you and needy people for a little while, if you can. Other people's emotional baggage can wear on you and totally drain you. I hope you feel better {{hugs}}
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*hugs Akasa a whole bunch* <3
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        ... a new mother who's babies are in NICU...
        This song reminds me of when my grandson was in the NICU (born Jan 16, due May 1, 1 lb 9 oz):
        NICU At Night (The Preemie Song) - Hugh Blumenfeld
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Reminds me of a message board I used to go on where a psychotic lactavist attacked a woman cuz she exclusively formula fed her baby. The lactavist was a newbie who didn't know that the mother in question had survived breast cancer and had a double masectomy, but she didn't bother to find that out before ripping into her. Everyone on the forum was disgusted and the lactivist was run off.

The best thing to do would be to ignore the idiot and either report them to admin or just take a break from the forum for a while. I've lived with depression for years (my carved up arms proof of that) and just take one day at a time.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X