This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got a Flannery here?Or a Waverly?

Got reading a book on economics and probabilities and things (brainiac aren't I ) and it concluded with this interesting section-based on the movement up the name charts from the names of 2005(when it was punished),this was his set of predictions for most popular girls/boys names for 2015... Normally,you can work out whats popular-Biblical names always stay around,plus a sprinkling of what's been popular 5-10 years ago normally tend to stay at the top of the charts.

So how did he do with his predictions?

PREDICTIONS FOR GIRLS NAMES 2015

Annika,Ansley,Ava,Avery.Aviva,Clementine,Eleanor,E lla,Emma,Fiona,Flannery,Grace
    Isabel,Kate,Lara,Linden,Maeve,Marie-Claire,Maya,Philippa(Pippa), Phoebe,Quinn,Sophie and Waverly.

PREDICTIONS FOR BOYS NAMES 2015

Aidan,Aldo,Anderson,Ansel,Asher,Beckett,Bennett,Ca rter,Cooper,Finegan,Harper, Jackson,John,Keyon,Liam,Maximilian,McGregor,Oliver ,Reagan,Sander,Sumner and Will(William).
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I know someone whose adopted daughter is named Waverly.

As for the rest, I can tell you that when I take death notices at work, some of the more common names these days for the grandkids include Aidan, Jackson, Ava, Emma, and others not in your list include some version of Caitlin, also variations on Aidan like Braden, Jaden, etc., as well as a lot of weirder things like Sawyer, Sloan, Potter, Tucker, in other words a lot of what were originally surnames.

I'm always amused at those who give their daughters names like McKenzie. Hey folks, do you realize you just named your daughter "son of Kenzie"?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I haven't seen any of the series (or read the books), but with the popularity of "Game of Thrones", it wouldn't surprise me if some of those names started popping up. Of course, I said the same thing about LOTR (especially females named Galadriel) and Harry Potter.

My wife and I actually kinda liked Aiden/Aidan as a name, but we figured there would be too many of them, or it's too common to use, so we went with something else.

My cousin named his son Jaxon.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Sander or Sandor? Sandor is an actual given name in Spain (and A Game of Thrones character as well). I know multiple Avas, Averys, Emma, Isabellas, Mayas, Sophies, Aiden/Braden/Caden/Jayden/Zadens, Harpers (usually a girls' name though), Liams and Olivers. Quinn is usually a middle name with Harley for the Joker fans who can't name their kids after the Joker because I don't think anyone knows his name.

But the only Flannery I know is a Southern Gothic author, and the only Waverly a haunted sanitorium in my hometown. So I guess not all the predictions were true.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I got a phone call from a female technical recruiter the other day...her name was "Hunter".

I've never met a woman named Hunter, before.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Aviva? Seriously?

That's the name of a ginormous insurance company...
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
            X