This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I no longer enjoy my dreams...

For a long time, *when* I've remembered my dreams, they were either nightmares, or lies.

I've dealt with that.

The kicker for me, though, was the day my best friend died.

I was sleeping before work, I'm not sure exactly what time...between 2 pm and 9 pm Central, though.

Anyhoo.

He came to me in my dream and said, "Hon, my mom died."
    I responded, "No, babe, you did."

I didn't think much of it when I woke up before work and didn't have a text or message on FB from him...sometimes he wouldn't have time before he went to his night job.

I was somewhat concerned when the night passed and no text, and then the next morning, there still wasn't a message for me. (BTW, I don't have FB messenger on my phone.)

I texted him in the am, because he'd either text me while he was at his day job, or after he got out...or sometime between his two jobs.

:crickets chirping:

Well, if you guys want to check my posts in the "Dear..." thread towards the end of July, feel free.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

I hear you. My ex-woof still shows up in my dreams 28 years after (+/- a few days) I answered the door after dark and was served with divorce papers.

I suspect she was shooting for my birthday and overshot.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

He still comes into my dreams, but I don't remember what we do, just that he's there.

It sucks.

This man was the other half of my soul.
      Unseen but seeing
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I've had dreams like that. Dreamt my dad was in the hospital a full year before he was. Dreamt that I needed to talk to my youngest niece, because someone in her family was sick, right before I found out she herself was the one struggling IRL. They're creepy, and leave me with a feeling of dread and wondering why they happen. As for your friend still being in your dreams, think of it as his way of paying you a visit from time to time, if you care to believe in that sort of thing. I know Mom pops into my dreams sometimes, nearly eight years after her passing away.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

BrenDAnn I have the same kind of dreams. Weird and creepy.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            As for your friend still being in your dreams, think of it as his way of paying you a visit from time to time, if you care to believe in that sort of thing.
            I do believe in that, and it helps.

Sort of.

I'd rather have him alive, though.

2 months today.
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*hugs Becks* <3
              *hugs everybody in the thread, too*
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Thanks, RP.

This is indescribably tough for me to deal with.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  He still comes into my dreams, but I don't remember what we do, just that he's there.

It sucks.

This man was the other half of my soul.
                  Hence the last line of your sig?

(I do understand a little Irish, though I don't claim to be fluent)

Big hugs for you, Becks. Big hugs for everyone who wants someone back again.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    Hence the last line of your sig?
                    Maybe a little, but I originally started calling him that...I'm not even sure anymore, and I don't have the heart or the courage to check...maybe a year ago.

(I do understand a little Irish, though I don't claim to be fluent)
                    Just like every other language I attempt, I'm horrible at it, but I know a word here and there.

Big hugs for you, Becks. Big hugs for everyone who wants someone back again.
                    Thank you.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X