Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ha ha ha...I can now feel like a "fancy pants"!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha...I can now feel like a "fancy pants"!

I just bought my first fountain pen. I'm hoping I can use it, since I'm left-handed. I don't think it'll be a problem. but if not, I'll give it to someone who can use it...

But it might be a "special occasion" or "important occasion" pen.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I use a fountain pen and I love them. They improve handwriting amazingly.

My advice is, remember that good ink and good paper are important too, don't hurry your writing, and try to keep your hand clear of the paper - a common problem of left handed writers is that they tend to drag their hand over what they have just written.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      I use a fountain pen and I love them. They improve handwriting amazingly.
      So I loaded the ink cartridge in it and wrote a couple of sentences. Nice, dark ink. Seems comfortable so far. I think it'll take a little time to notice improvement (if any) in my handwriting, because I don't know how often I'm going to use it.

It was a relatively inexpensive ($15) starter fountain pen, but so far, so good...

Comment

Now that you have the weapon, are you going to go out and rob people?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Now that you have the weapon, are you going to go out and rob people?
          Ha ha ha...nah.

It's a nice, classy pen, though. I wanted an inexpensive one in case I had difficulty writing with it. I bought a ball point from a guy at work who makes pens, and I think that one was $45. This particular pen, though, was cheap enough that if I had difficulty I didn't have to worry too much.

I may take it to job interviews with me to take notes/sign documents with. That'll show 'em.

Not sure where else I'd use it, but I'm sure I can find something to write with it.

Comment

Love a fountain pen; I haven't used any of mine in ages. When I'm done redecorating I'm going to dig them out. I've been using them since I was 8 or 9 and couldn't use the awful Berol handwriting pens at school. I tried to use a cousin's handwriting pen a couple of years ago and they still make my hand hurt.
            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Darnit, when I read the title I was expecting to hear you had some seriously awesome pants.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                Darnit, when I read the title I was expecting to hear you had some seriously awesome pants.
                Or drools...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  Ha ha ha...nah.

It's a nice, classy pen, though. I wanted an inexpensive one in case I had difficulty writing with it. I bought a ball point from a guy at work who makes pens, and I think that one was $45. This particular pen, though, was cheap enough that if I had difficulty I didn't have to worry too much.

I may take it to job interviews with me to take notes/sign documents with. That'll show 'em.

Not sure where else I'd use it, but I'm sure I can find something to write with it.
                  Get a few sheets of blotting paper, the ink is not instant dry and can smear/smudge unless it is blotted. I have a friend who does 18th century re-enactments and has this wonderful passport sized wallet that he keeps a few sheets of blotting paper, a small flask [ok, it is one of the cute little plastic fish soy sauce bottles] of the wonderful extradense india black ink, and several different spare tips.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I like my fountain pen. Haven't had a chance to use it a lot yet, but I like it so much I'm going to get a fine-nib one (the one I have is a medium nib).

It's a "cartridge-style" pen, but I still like it.

Comment

Working...
                    X