X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the oddest things I've ever had happen in a dream

but I might know why.

This was distressing me because no one found it a big enough deal to help me. So somehow in my dream I'd been asleep and awoke with a hair coming out of my nose. OK, we all have hairs in our nose, but this was a head hair! I was trying to pull it out and it was really long (I have hip-length hair) and I felt it tug at my scalp. So the hair had worked it's way into my ear and somehow came out my nose while I was asleep?!?

I think what was really happening was that my braid was caught undrneath me and was pulling a scalp hair so I was dreaming about that. And my allergies are acting up so that's how my nose got involved in my mind, since I forgot to take the diphenhydramine last night. But still, I feel like I'm nuts for dreaming that.

Anyone else ever dream any anatomically incorrect or otherwise weird scenarios?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I used to have dreams where I was being chased and was trying to scream for help but all that came out was an exhale. When I was a kid I'd have dreams that ended with me falling, either out a window or off a cliff. Also, I've had dreams where I was in my bed and a super scary looking spider was crawling up from the foot of the bed to bite my toes. When it got close I'd wake up and rip the covers off to make sure there was no spider. Don't even get me started on my zombie nightmares.

...But honestly, I don't have scary dreams very often, this is pretty much all I could think of. Sometimes my dreams will fix something I've been worrying about, which is nice until I remember that I still have to deal with the problem.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I don't wanna play topper, but I've experienced Deja Vu and Sleep Paralysis. As well as a part of a vivid dream I had probably 30 years ago that I remember to this day.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I keep a dream journal. No matter how scary, exhilarating, boring, etc. a dream is, if I remember it, I write it down. It goes back to my 21st birthday, 1997.

I had a dream involving aliens (xenomorphs) some time back. It should've been a terrifying nightmare, but instead I spent the entire dream going "Whoa, cool!"
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
          I keep a dream journal. No matter how scary, exhilarating, boring, etc. a dream is, if I remember it, I write it down. It goes back to my 21st birthday, 1997.
          I should really start one of those. I will often wake up from a dream and think "whoa, that was weird!" and go back to sleep, then when I wake up again I won't remember the dream... I just remember that it was weird. Oh, I've had a couple times that I dreamed there was a room in my place that I didn't know was there. Like, I just randomly noticed an extra door... It was super weird when I saw that episode of Dr Who, where that exact thing happens, I was like "you copied my dream!"

My mom has really awesome government conspiracy dreams, and she often is aware that she's dreaming and can make the dream turn out the way she wants.

Comment

My current most common dreams involves one or both of my parents coming back to life somehow (alive, not zombies) and me panicking over how to recover all their stuff that I've gotten rid of.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              I don't wanna play topper, but I've experienced Deja Vu and Sleep Paralysis. As well as a part of a vivid dream I had probably 30 years ago that I remember to this day.
              I've had sleep paralysis, too. Usually, it happens between the time my mother pulls the blankets off me and puts a facecloth on my face to help me wake up and 30 minutes later, when she gets me out of bed.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I had a very strange dream last night. I work in a supermarket and on Thursdays the new magazines come out. I looked at them and I decided not to buy any. At 3 in the morning I woke up with a start and tore through my house looking for the magazines that I didn't buy.

Comment

I used to post some of my dreams on another BBS that seems to be defunct now. One member said to me, "Your dreams are creepydisturbing".

A lot of them involve waste elimination, likely caused by a full bladder and/or the air that I swallow because a machine pushes air into my face all night...
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Most of my dreams involve some important task that I need to do, only there are all kinds of obstacles and stupid people getting in my way and irritating the heck out of me.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      Most of my dreams involve some important task that I need to do, only there are all kinds of obstacles and stupid people getting in my way and irritating the heck out of me.
                      Are you sure those are dreams?
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Are you sure those are dreams?
                        Yeah, they're usually a little too surreal, but I do sometimes wonder...
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Despite being told constantly you CAN'T die in your own dream I often dream of my murder (strangled from behind), dying sucks. The rest of the dream is always the efforts my ghost is making to solve my murder. My ghost is a terrible and incompetent detective.
                          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                            Despite being told constantly you CAN'T die in your own dream I often dream of my murder (strangled from behind), dying sucks. The rest of the dream is always the efforts my ghost is making to solve my murder. My ghost is a terrible and incompetent detective.
                            Wow, is it terrible that I found that amusing? Maybe. Sorry.

I've found that once my brain knows (or thinks) that something is possible, then it happens. I was watching New Girl (shut up) and she once mentions that she woke up crying. I'm not even kidding, the next morning I did. I was dreaming that I saw my grandma who's been dead for years, but she was not the way I remember her. It was like she was her younger self. So she didn't know who I was, but it was okay. So I was happy and sad at the same time. Now watch me dream of dying and being a ghost. *sigh*

Comment

It amuses me too, except for the ten minutes directly after waking up from that particular dream.
                              Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                              X