Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Cards 2016 - Time to Send Out Your Cards!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is BE related to Marie LeVaux? Another Man Done Gone.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      ...and that's why you don't upset BE. One night,a knock on the door,a couple of men in dark suits...and that's it... one name less on the list
      Quoth wolfie View Post
      Is BE related to Marie LeVaux? Another Man Done Gone.
      I did not kill anyone.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Oh yeah, for those new to this -- What type of Avery labels do they need?
        If you want to print the labels, it's Avery #8860 (30 per sheet, 1" x 2⅝").

Comment

*draws an x in chalk*

Laveau, good buddy, Laveau (good guess on throwing the X in there, tho -- it's a reasonable assumption)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Bad grammar was intentional - was quoting a line from the song.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hey everyone! Last chance to back out of this thing! Opt out ends tonight (already? the last week went fast..).

I'll be sending out the list tomorrow night (Nov. 16). It'll come from my personal email. I'm not going to post the address here but it's a Gmail address and starts with an A, so you know what to look for. I'll post a note when I send it. If you don't get it, let me know.

Comment

I've already dug out my cards and the extra glitter! I can buy stamps after work once I know how many I will need

Comment

Looks like 27 people total, so 26 to send out. Wait for BSE's post, just to be sure
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Can we think of a more flattering abbreviation for her than BSE?
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

*snort*

Hrm...How about...

Bookie?

'Scapes?

Books?

Blue? (because all they know about the book they want is "IT'S BLUE!!!!")

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        *snort*

Hrm...How about...

Bookie?

'Scapes?

Books?

Blue? (because all they know about the book they want is "IT'S BLUE!!!!")
                        I have contemplated changing it. Bookish was one option. Also thought about changing it to what I use on a couple other sites, which is just my first name.

Comment

BE at least doesn't have associations with mad cows
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Awww... I missed the sign up
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

The list has been sent!! Get to glittering!

The final number is 27, so that's 26 cards for each of you to send. Also, it left me three spaces for a few little extras on the label sheet.

(Remember, it's coming from a gmail address that starts with A. If you don't see it in your inbox, check your spam folder.)
                              -------------------------------------------------

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              If you want to print the labels, it's Avery #8860 (30 per sheet, 1" x 2⅝").
                              Just a note on labels - I copied the wording from last year's automated email that came from the signup tool, so you'll notice it says Avery #8160, while above I said #8860 (that's the actual package I have). I don't think there's a difference, layout-wise.

My printer isn't working so I couldn't do a test print, but the pdf looks good on my screen. If you have any problems with the file, let me know.
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-17-2016, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Got it!
                                Thanks.
                                I haven't been able to participate the past few years, so I am very excited about getting back into it this year.
                                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X