Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Cards 2016 - Time to Send Out Your Cards!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
    Awww... I missed the sign up
    Sorry.

Quoth Ree View Post
    Got it!
    Thanks.
    I haven't been able to participate the past few years, so I am very excited about getting back into it this year.
    Yay!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I got the list. It's going to be less of a challenge this year. You put in all of the zip +4 codes for me.

For clarity, are we supposed to address the card for NecessaryCatharsis to her son?

And for munchkinmama should the card be addressed to the munchkins?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And I almost forgot to change my Pablo to Christmas Pablo!

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        I got the list. It's going to be less of a challenge this year. You put in all of the zip +4 codes for me.
        Most people actually included the +4 this time. I only filled in two or three.

For clarity, are we supposed to address the card for NecessaryCatharsis to her son?
        She wanted them to go to her son, so his name is listed first. You can do it the way it is on the label, or if you're handwriting them, you can address it just to him, if you want.

And for munchkinmama should the card be addressed to the munchkins?
        Mama and the munchkins, I think. That's how she sent it to me.

Comment

Mama and the munchkins, I think.
          I believe they had a Top Ten hit in 1964 with Do The Funky Squirrel...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            I believe they had a Top Ten hit in 1964 with Do The Funky Squirrel...
            And that one about Donut Holes, right?

Comment

So I made myself a little tally grid...tell us here who you get cards from; I'll be keeping an eye on the thread and checking 'em off. I'll share the totals periodically.

My grid is in Excel and uses conditional formatting to turn the square bright green when I put an X in it. With any luck I'll just have a big green box when we're done.

Comment

I have the list! I'll be buying my stamps after work, and then getting glittering and mailing

Comment

Got it! , can we mail them asap? . I'll be doing mine in the next week or so .

Comment

Yep. Start now -- Even if you can only send out 3 or 4 a week for some reason, that's fine Send the international ones first, though; they coudl easily take as long as a month to get there. Ideally, they should all be sent out before the end of December, *especially* for those going out internationally. If at all possible, before the end of January. If you even suspect that you may take longer than that, please send BSE a message ASAP so you don't wind up on... The Naughty List *boom! crack!*
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
                      Got it! , can we mail them asap? . I'll be doing mine in the next week or so .
                      Mail 'em whenever you want (well, before January, preferably). One of the regular participants has always sent hers within a few days of receiving the list and people would start getting them within the first week.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Is BE related to Marie LeVaux? Another Man Done Gone.
                        Quoth EricKei View Post
                        *draws an x in chalk*

Laveau, good buddy, Laveau (good guess on throwing the X in there, tho -- it's a reasonable assumption)
                        Relevant:

Lore Episode 40: EVERYTHING FLOATS

Comment

Due to an emergency dental appointment wiping out my budget for stamps this week, I'll be buying my stamps next week and then getting everything into the mail

Comment

oh boy....amid all the glitter,there will be chunks of tooth....
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              oh boy....amid all the glitter,there will be chunks of tooth....
                              Nah, the chunk of tooth will be staying at the dentist's office :P

Comment

I wonder how much weight signing all my cards in glue and glitter would add, and if it would push it past the weight limit for just one stamp...
                                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X