This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's gone

...maybe. So I've had this problem before but now there's a special circumstance. I have a chromebook and occasionally while playing a vid it would sound like a skipping record and then freeze. It's a known issue and I could always get it unfrozen by holding down the power button for an extended time and rebooting. But my keyboard stopped working a month ago. (Um, I threw up on it when I was sick, ew.) I simply picked up a bluetooth keyboard and all was well. Now I can't reboot it, not even with that keyboard or my plug-in one.
    I have most of the pictures I had on there backed up on a memory card and I had a file of passwords that are backed up on paper. I will probably lose a couple of pics. I'm used to this chromebook and I don't like change. I was thinking I should get another one, so I really should just let it go, you know? It's just a computer. I get attached to things. :/

At any rate, I am going to try letting the battery run out and then rebooting. If that doesn't work I'm getting a new one or maybe just using the laptop.

I'm just...sad.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

In the words of Emily Litella, "Nevermind!" I let the battery run down overnight and this morning with the lid open I plugged in the adapter. It immediately booted up and it's fine. I don't know why I couldn't turn it off with the external keyboards this time because I was able to last time. But it worked. So if any of you run into this, there's your fix.

Comment

When in doubt, blame the Gremlins!

Remember, kids, this guy may be fuzzy and cute as all get out, with his adorable little human things he does...

...but do NOT feed him after Midnight, and do NOT let him get wet, or you'll be sorry!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

I just pop the battery out to reboot mine.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

This one doesn't have a removable battery.

Comment

In most cases holding the power button down for 15 to 20 seconds forces a reboot.
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Nothing on the keyboard except the track pad works because the keyboard is broken.

Comment

Working...
              X