Here's some of mine, share yours!

Pinata Protest
    Lucid Dementia
    Tengger Calvary
    Lily Allen
    Social Distortion
    Yoshida Brothers

Someone please educate me as to what Pandora is
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

A music streaming site. You make stations by picking bands, then it fills in the station with similar music.

www.pandora.com

Comment

I don't have any favourite channels because I built my own It gets a bit weird sometimes - I haven't separated it out into separate channels for the different types of music I like, just threw it all in together - so every once in a while it goes "Well, she likes this heavy metal band, and these pop songs, and this pagan artist, sooooo... toss her something completely random!"

Comment

See that would drive me nuts. When I listen to music I'm in the moid for a type.

Comment

I built my own station 2 years ago as well. I currently have 57 bands that sound somewhat similar. I started with Powerman 5000 and Static-X. I have a mix of American, Canadian, and European bands.

Pandora says I have 647 thumbs up and 551 thumbs down.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
              I don't have any favourite channels because I built my own It gets a bit weird sometimes - I haven't separated it out into separate channels for the different types of music I like, just threw it all in together - so every once in a while it goes "Well, she likes this heavy metal band, and these pop songs, and this pagan artist, sooooo... toss her something completely random!"
              This is pretty much what I've done. I have a number of "genre channels," and then one "Set genre on frappe" channel. Which one I listen to depends on my mood.

That being said, the "genres" I most listen to are:
              Electroswing
              Epic Soundtracks
              Symphonic Metal
              Steampunk
              Techno/House/Dubstep
              Acapella
              Drunk-Punk (aka: Irish punk rock)
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

One day, I typed in "Junior Brown", and got a station I've kinda tweaked to that "contemporary", Red Dirt, Texas Music type of station.

Like right now, "I Walk The Line" just ended, and Dale Watson's "Texas Boogie" just started.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

My stations are thus:

David Garrett
                  Trans-Siberian Orchestra
                  Bond, Epica
                  Steven Sondheim
                  Classic Broadway
                  Forbidden Broadway
                  Galavant

then of course, I also have my thumbprint radio.

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
                    Trans-Siberian Orchestra
                    I hadn't even considered a TSO station! Gonna have to set one up, though...

Thanks!
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I also have a TSO station.

Comment

Might have to get a TSO station soon...

Lately I've been listening to the Lindsey Stirling station.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I use the "add variety" button a lot on Pandora to make stations made of artists that seem similar to me. So I have some interesting combinations.

"Neon Trees": Neon Trees, The Click Five, American Authors, Fallout Boy, Ok Go, Cake, The Fray
                          "All-American Rejects" All-American Rejects, No Doubt, Pink, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Bowling for Soup, Jet, Green Day
                          "New Age": Enya, Clannad, Mannheim Steamroller, The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling

When I got tired of the lack of women's voices on my pop stations, I made

"Girl Power": Melissa Etheridge, Pink, Alanis Morissette, Natalie Merchant, Mary Lambert, Paramore, Taylor Swift, Sheryl Crow, No Doubt, The Stone Coyotes, Heart, Halestorm
                          "Gal Folk/Blues": Indigo Girls, Flyleaf, Sarah McLachlan, Tracy Chapman, The Stone Coyotes, Natalie Merchant, Natalia Zuckerman

I have a bunch of other stations, too, but these are the ones I listen to most often.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                            ... Enya, Clannad, ...
                            Have you listened to Moya (Máire) Brennan, Enya's older sister & Clannad vocals, harp?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Have you listened to Moya (Máire) Brennan, Enya's older sister & Clannad vocals, harp?
                              She has come up on my New Age station, but other than that, I haven't specifically listened to her.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                              X