Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cubs are going to the World Series!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cubs are going to the World Series!!!!

J2K Get your walking shoes ready. I believe that this is a sign of the apocalypse.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

The curse of the goat WILL rear its ugly head LOL
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      J2K Get your walking shoes ready. I believe that this is a sign of the apocalypse.
      Them going to the World Series isn't a sign of the Apocalypse.

But I'll be getting my shoes ready if they WIN.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That goes double for the Leafs and the Stanley Cup.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I don't know much about baseball, but I looked it up. My state's team has never been to the World Series. Gotta love an underdog. (is it irony that the only other team to never go to the WS is the other Washington?)
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

notalwaysright - one thing to keep in mind with that, for some perspective, there are eight teams that have never been to the world series. They've all been introduced between the 1960s and the 1990s.

The Cubs, on the other hand, have played since 1876 and the last time they won the world series was in 1908. They haven't even been in one since 1945.
            "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

How cool is it that a team that hasn't won the World Series since 1948 is playing in the World Series against a team that hasn't won the World Series since 1908?
              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I was hoping that the Cubs would play the Indians for just that reason.
                Save the Ales!

Comment

If baseball superstitions have any power whatsoever, the Apocalypse will happen sometime this week...

Neither the Cubs or the Indians are allowed to win it all. And since there's no choice now, the end of the world is obviously coming before they can end it.

Or, to quote a friend of mine, "the Cubs and Indians are in the World Series. Ok, 2016, where's the ring, and what volcano do I aim at?"

(BTW- GO TRIBE!!!!)
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

If the Cubs win, then Zemeckis was off by only one year. Of course that bit was written by a Cardinal fan.

GO CUBS!!!!
                    Last edited by taxguykarl; 10-24-2016, 03:26 PM.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I heard there's a "movement" of sorts to get Steve Bartman to throw out the first pitch.

The team I root for got eliminated in one of the Divisional Rounds, so I don't care much about baseball now until Spring Training.
                      Last edited by mjr; 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM.
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Cleveland fans are trying to get Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn to throw the first pitch and Bob Uecker to call the game.
                        Save the Ales!

Comment

I had my boss ask me who I was rooting for.

I told him, "Both teams. I have an uncle in the Cleveland area who's a big Indians fan, and an aunt, uncle and cousin in Chicago who are big Cubs fans. Either way, someone in my family is overjoyed."
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

They should have been playing against the Jays.

Sorry, but I'm still upset that my home team lost to Cleveland.
                            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              I told him, "Both teams. I have an uncle in the Cleveland area who's a big Indians fan, and an aunt, uncle and cousin in Chicago who are big Cubs fans. Either way, someone in my family is overjoyed."
                              I have an aunt in Cleveland, but then she was a Cardinal fan for as long as I remember. I myself am a die-hard CUB fan....but not a Bud man
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X