This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furkid pics!

Some of us have furkids. (They're like regular kids, but we won't ever have to send them to college.) I know some of us like showing them off, so here is a thread to post photos in.

In my house, we have two and 3/4 cats. (We practice Fractional Cat Accounting, you see. One of them is a tripod.)

(Sorry for the distorted images, but using the WIMG tag as requested seems to do that to these!)

This little fella is "Kitten Boy". He got that name back when we got him about ten years ago, as a temporary measure until we could figure out what his real name was. He is a beautiful boy, and is spoiled rotten by his mama. His fur is obscenely soft!

Here he is with my kitty, Atlas. Assis is a big round orange tabby, who loves his daddy very much and wants to sit on him or leaning against him at almost all times. He also has a habit of reaching up to grab my hand with one paw and pull it down onto his head, as if saying "PETTING GOES HERE!" Not to mention he is a klutz.

And here is the Kitten with the newest member of our household, Casey Jones. Casey is the tripod; his left-rear leg had to be taken from him a while before we adopted him. They also took about four inches worth of tail--but he still has a long and luxurious tail! He is a long-haired flame-point boy, with pretty blue eyes. He is the prettiest of the three, but not quite as soft as the grey kitty.

Those are ours. How about yours?
    Attached Files
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

No worries. Just click a WIMG'd pic to see the full version. ^_^

Cute kitties! MOAR! MOAR!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Aw, what beautiful, fluffy kitties

At the moment, I have three beautiful fur babies. I used to have 4. This is Cobie, the cat I sadly had to put down earlier this year. I still miss her dearly.

But these are my three remaining fur babies, Bruce, Tony, and Natasha. Betcha can't guess where I got those names from.

Bruce is beautiful, but very skittish. She loves her fellow cats, but is scared of humans.

Natasha is very assertive and an aggressive snuggler.

And Tony's just a huge dork.

Last edited by MadMike; 11-10-2016, 12:33 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Comment

My three, who have all long since moved on to their next lives

In order, Sushi (aka Velcro Kitty), Simon (the big talker), and Red (the feisty asshole).
        Attached Files
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

This was "Baby Kitty," his real name was Lucky but we used to call him "the baby kitty" when he was little and it stuck. My landlord said we couldn't keep him (despite initially telling us it was okay) so I had to let my sister have him, and her mother-in-law let him out one day (she said it was accidental but this woman was an utter witch so we don't believe her). They live in a heavily forested area and he never came back.

I like to hope that someday he'll show up at the front door, come inside, and curl up on the couch above my head like he used to do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	2030691

This is Tam, our current transgender kitty. We say transgender because we call her a "she", even though she's actually a neutered male. There was some degree of a mix-up when we got her and since she acts so feminine, we just never corrected ourselves.

Name:	HNI_0027.JPG
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	2030692
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Well, if you guys like cats...my kiddo loves this game

You can collect a BUNCH of cats that way...Cats with names like "Tubbs" (my son's favorite), Joe DiMeowgio, Mr. Meowgi, Guy Furry, Smoky, Bandit, and others.

Note: I had nothing to do with the creation of that game. I stumbled across it one day, put it on the tablet, and my kiddo loves to play it.

And it comes in English and Japanese. You can switch back and forth.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

And then there'll be the companion thread to this one: Purkid Fics.

... all the stories they star in ...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here are my two girls, Chessie is the grey one, Millie is the tortie tabby.

Everybody's got such adorable kitties!
                Attached Files
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My Kiwi! We got her as a tiny kitten and she looked like a Kiwi fruit. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161014_130008.jpg
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	2030695

Name:	IMG_20160628_085544.jpg
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	2030696

Comment

My cat, Charlie, who seriously just spends his days posing like he's on a photo shoot. And him on the first day I got him, look how tiny he was.

Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Simon (the big talker)
                      Yep. That's absolutely accurate. Cats (and computers) take on the personalities of whatever they are named after. "Simon" originally meant "he who listens" but has become corrupted over the centuries to "he who is heard" or "loud one."

Funny, our Simon is a horrendous loudmouth as well. Pics to come eventually...
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Well, that, and Siamese are known for vocalizing. He was also comparatively clever. Where the other cats would stretch an upside-down paw under the bathroom door (cheap plywood with a half-inch gap) when I was in there, he would jump for the door handle. He was unable to use the handle, but he damn well knew what it was for. He did this at the front door when he wanted to go out, too.

Comment

Notalwaysright: does Charlie have insanely long legs or is it just the photo.? He's a very handsome boy.

All the kitties on this page are.

Comment

Vaguely relevant comic.

Comment

Quoth muppet101 View Post
                              Notalwaysright: does Charlie have insanely long legs or is it just the photo.? He's a very handsome boy.

All the kitties on this page are.
                              Nah, his legs are normal length, it was just an odd perspective. I think he imagines he's posing for new sphinx monument. All the kitties are gorgeous, I love seeing them.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                              X