Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achievement Unlocked: Protest March (no Fratching)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievement Unlocked: Protest March (no Fratching)

Hi everyone

Last night I was at a political protest march through downtown of my home city. To avoid Fratching I won't mention what side I was on, but it was an awesome experience. The local PD kept a close eye on things but there were no conflicts (to my knowledge) and everyone was really friendly to each other. We left a little early so I could get home to bed but it was a blast! I also enjoyed reading the clever things that other protesters put on their signs, and a few people liked ours. The only thing I would do differently would be to leave the column at a slightly different location. There were three businesses advertizing bail bonds and not much else. Though after walking two blocks we were right in front of the art museum so we called an Uber from there.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 11-11-2016, 03:39 PM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Kudos to you for getting out there! I did participate on a march ... once ... and since I grew up in the 1960s, there are times when I really feel I've let my generation down. I mean jeez, I've never even been arrested ...

Anyhow, yeah, it can be very exhilarating to see how many other people share your opinion, whether it's on one issue or many.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

The people that I grew up around... well... let's just say that the phrase "peaceful protest march" would've been met with scornful laughter.

Some of my peers would've been the type to start a full-fledged riot, largely just because they could.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

There were a few rowdies who had to be told to move on by police, but no arrests and no major issues. I was SO proud of my city, not only for supporting ideas that are important to me, but for keeping it peaceful. Here's a pic (I choose this one because you can't read the signs, thus no fratch-bait).

"I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
        X