This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People suck (sad)

This past Monday morning, as I was leaving for work, I spotted a purple towel at the foot of the driveway just off to the side. It hadn't been there the night before.

As I got to the foot of the driveway, I was horrified to see two little paws and a tail poking out of the towel.

I stopped and got out to check on the poor thing. It was a tuxedo pattern cat, and it was very very dead. No collar.

I love kitties and was crushed to make a discovery like this.

But what really got me was the fact that this couldn't have been a feral or stray that crawled into the towel and died (it was close to freezing the night before). For one thing, that towel hadn't been there the night before. It was also folded up far too neatly. I've seen cats crawl into or onto folded towels and they are never that neat after. It also wasn't roadkill because there was no obvious trauma from being run over.

Someone must've dumped the cat there. I have no idea who or why. Who would do such a thing??

I stood there for a while unsure of what to do. I really didn't want to leave the poor thing there, but I was already running late. I couldn't bury it because I don't own the property and we aren't allowed to dig up the yard or side gardens.

I ended up going to work, then called the police and left a message with animal control. They called back within 30 minutes, asked a few questions about how I had discovered the cat and where exactly it was, and they went and took care of it.

Poor kitty. I hope it finds a good owner in heaven.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I can't fathom people who do this. I usually -- very vindictively -- hope their kids are paying attention to what happens when you find yourself caring for a "nuisance" ...

Bless you for doing what you could, rather than just ignoring the poor thing or dumping it into the nearest trash can.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

And everyone wonders why I hate humans as a whole.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
      X