Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here into "Predictive Analytics" or "Big Data"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here into "Predictive Analytics" or "Big Data"?

I'm such a nerd. I started dabbling in this a little at home. I even bought a couple of books on it, and downloaded some tools related to the R language.

Don't know how far I'll get with it, but it sure seems fun right now...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Closest I've come to it is playing Watch_Dogs 2, which is all about Big Data.

Edit: The game makes some good points about knowing how your data or digital footprint is being used to profile you, etc., and almost every big corporate entity you go after has a positive side to whatever they're using the data for, but the game makes it "acceptable" to go after them because the antagonist for/representative of each group is invariably a reprehensible human being that you want to take down a notch and/or punch in the face-- a quasi-racist asshole at not!Google, the cocky prick CEO of a smart home company, the Church of not!Scientology, a foul-mouthed Internet troll ransomeware hacker, corrupt cops, and the ultimate bad guy is the CTO for Blume (the evil corporation behind the ctOS system) who is a douchebag with a man-bun.
    Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 11-24-2016, 05:06 PM.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
    X