This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    I was watching Ep IV this weekend and I had to burst out laughing when Obi-Wan pointed to the sandcrawler and noted, "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
    I kind of like the idea that he was saying it ironically; hard to tell given Alec's mail-it-in performance.

We've gotten used to the Stormtroopers being a bit erratic in their aim, and for good reason ("I can't see a thing in this helmet!") but the scripts were just written for a bigger set. Those of us who watch Doctor Who are used to filling in the blanks like that.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
      hard to tell given Alec's mail-it-in performance.
      It's my understanding that he didn't think much of the film, and thought that it would never make any money. Hence, his visible lack of enthusiasm.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've got a weird question... after Jabba the Hutt was killed, and therefore was no longer around to throw prisoners to the Sarlacc, did it die of starvation? Stupid question, I know. Also, is it possible to escape the Sarlacc?
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Well, the sarlacc supposedly takes over 1000 years to digest someone, so starvation seems to be doubtful, IMHO.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Also, is it possible to escape the Sarlacc?
            No, no one has escaped the Sarlacc.

"But Bobba F-"

No. One. Has. Escaped. The. Sarlacc!
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              No, no one has escaped the Sarlacc.

"But Bobba F-"

No. One. Has. Escaped. The. Sarlacc!
              If Boba Fett shows up in Episodes 8 or 9, then it becomes canon again that he escaped.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It really makes me wonder -- For someone as well-equipped as Boba seems to be, what would be so hard about escaping? The Sarlacc is basically just a Sandworm from Dune with a bunch of sharp/spiny teeth. What, does it have sticky tentacles in the stomach to restrain victims or something?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I did a google search and found this: http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/0...n-of-the-jedi/
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ugh, so much obsession for a whiny brat who grew up only to stand around and who's high point was being taken out by a blind Solo by accident.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I never understood it back then, and I still don't x.x He looks cool enough, but...uhm... Yea, that's about it. Could be the old habit of people to fill in the "missing pieces" with their own imagination -- We had minimal info about him for the first decade or two (cool armor, capable tracker, Vader puts up with him...not much else), so people just decided that he must be some legendary badass.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        We had minimal info about him for the first decade or two (cool armor, capable tracker, Vader puts up with him...not much else), so people just decided that he must be some legendary badass.
                        That, and he really didn't play that prominent a role (as far as screen time) in the movies. I always figured he was one of Jabba's bounty hunters. But I suppose thinking about it, he could have been one of Vader's henchmen.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
                        X