X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you know how science and medicine work

A tale from teachers school.

So it's the end of the semester and it's time for 'write a paper you've written a hundred times before but for my class' and one of my professors ask us to, on paper, write down somethings we wish where different about these papers and we talked about it.

Many of my classmates stated that they wished they could reference their past work when working on assignments that work on the same standard without having to rewrite it in new words every time.

The professor told that she and a few other professors had asked a department head why their students could do that and add a reference to their past work in their bibliography. The answer they got? We can't because that's plagiarism.

That's right writing a paper referencing ones past work that is published in the schools system and available to be read by any professional organization, teacher, school, school district and other professors is plagiarism.

So either someone doesn't know what plagiarism is or they think scientist and doctors and lawyers and authors who refer to their past works are plagiarizing themselves.

Btw every student basically copies and pasts from past papers then spot rewords it to fit the new class every time anyways just enough to get past plagiarism filters.

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    So it's the end of the semester and it's time for 'write a paper you've written a hundred times before but for my class'
    Ha. This reminds me of an old MAD Magazine article called "Rewriting your way to a PhD".

In fact, here's a link where you can enjoy the article yourself. Just click on each image to get an enlarged view.

http://www.madcoversite.com/mad158_phd.html
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I miss the old MAD Magazine ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X