Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this week I was dead...but have recovered nicely.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this week I was dead...but have recovered nicely.

Had a very weird dream that I was stabbed and died.The most bizarre part was dying-I just looked down and saw a knife sticking out of my chest and thought 'Hm.So I've been stabbed....' 'Now everything's stopped and gone very quiet.There's no-one around and nothing's moving.That must mean I'm dead...OK what do I do now?'
    Apparently,then waking up is quite a good cure for death....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

"I'm not dead yet!" "Yes, you are." "No, I'm not!"
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Wonder what the interpretation of being dead in a dream is ...

Over the years I have been stabbed in the thigh and bled out, throat cut, shot in the chest, shot in the head and bashed in the head with a baseball bat, and had plenty of falling dreams though I never actually hit bottom. I also have exploding head syndrome maybe every 3 or 4 months [I *still* think it is because I have had a number of concussions, had a small depressed skull fracture with both natural and induced coma, and have a neurological defect that I was born with. ] I think the falling dreams and the baseball bat are actually some sort of funky memory deal going on - in that twilight between sleep and wake if I am in a certain position I can 'remember' being intubated, the jaw block sensation is very distinct.

My nightmares aren't horror films, the ones that leave me shaken are the ones where I seem to be getting back together with the asshat that physically abused me. I once had an ex roomie ask me why I slept with the TV on, and tended to like sleeping to horror films [I love stuff like Friday the 13th or the Freddie Kruger flicks] and had to explain that I would rather dream about being chased by Freddie than sitting in our old apartment eating dinner with the asshat ... If you really want to terrorize me, call me BabyDoll and give me roses.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Have you considered checking the area at your next doctor's appointment? The body has a way of wanting to warn us about things.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          Had a very weird dream that I was stabbed and died.The most bizarre part was dying-I just looked down and saw a knife sticking out of my chest and thought 'Hm.So I've been stabbed....' 'Now everything's stopped and gone very quiet.There's no-one around and nothing's moving.That must mean I'm dead...OK what do I do now?'
          Apparently,then waking up is quite a good cure for death....
          Maybe when you go to bed you should hold a sign that says, "I ain't dead."*

*Cookies for reference.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            *Cookies for reference.
            Borrowing trouble.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              "I'm not dead yet!" "Yes, you are." "No, I'm not!"
              You beat me to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
              X