This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Rogue One today...

I liked it -- a lot! I caught the matinee showing. The theater didn't have as many people in it as I thought (probably because I didn't go to the SDX theater).

No spoilers here, but I think it's definitely worth seeing again. A+ effort, in my book.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

It was very good, up there with Empire Strikes Back in terms of quality.

Much, much darker than the standard franchise, even darker than The Force Awakens.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Much, much darker than the standard franchise, even darker than The Force Awakens.
      My wife's watching it now. I just know there are a few scenes where she's gonna cry...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I saw it on Thursday! I absolutely loved it, and there were parts of it that the entire audience oooohed and aaaahed over.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          It was very good, up there with Empire Strikes Back in terms of quality.

Empire Strikes Back is my least favorite of the original. What I liked about the originals were that they were genuinely fun and left me feeling happy. I haven't seen the new one yet and the description of "much darker than the standard franchise" makes me uneasy.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

There are definitely parts that will make you laugh, so no worries there! One character had me in stitches several times If you're a fan of A New Hope you will like how Rogue One ties in with it. Yes, there are darker tones to this movie, but considering the subject matter and the story itself it all fits.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
              There are definitely parts that will make you laugh, so no worries there! One character had me in stitches several times If you're a fan of A New Hope you will like how Rogue One ties in with it. Yes, there are darker tones to this movie, but considering the subject matter and the story itself it all fits.
              Well, that's good. I didn't figure it would go super dark, since it still is Disney and Star Wars, and so many kids are going to see it. It's just been an ongoing "thing" with my friends and me about Empire. Just because it's not my favorite, doesn't mean I don't accept that it's a good movie, and they don't seem to understand that. They think that the generally accepted best should automatically be my favorite. If that makes sense at all.

I always wait a bit before seeing these popular movies. The last one I saw with my mom at like 9:00 AM a few weeks after it opened. It was awesome! Just parents with groups of kids, and the kids were GOOD. The only people I heard talk were the adults. The kids laughed and gasped at the appropriate times.

Comment

Heard a coworker say she never falls asleep during movies ... but she dozed off during this one. Methinks she wasn't too impressed by it.
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm being tortured with this on Christmas eve.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    I'm being tortured with this on Christmas eve.
                    Doesn't sound as if you're too enthused about it either!
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      Doesn't sound as if you're too enthused about it either!
                      I don't like star wars, it's poorly written and most of the characters suck. I've never understood how it got big and why.

Comment

I don't like star wars, it's poorly written and most of the characters suck. I've never understood how it got big and why.
                        That's how I feel about Twilight and 50 Shades! But I guess everybody has a guilty pleasure

Comment

I've never understood how it got big and why.
                          I feel the same way about loads of popular tv shows. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, etc. "Hey, let's make a show as depressing as possible and kill all the good characters, that means it's deep and meaningful!"

Comment

I would be the last to deny it's full of cliches, not terribly developed characters, and extremely unlikely coincidences (apparently the Empire doesn't include training in HOW TO HIT YOUR TARGET in its curriculum for its stormtroopers). All I can say is it's a lot of fun. I watched it when it first came out on the big screen and was absolutely enthralled by the opening shot of "A New Hope" -- with the Empire warship going overhead, and going on and on and on ...

I forgot about it for years and then re-watched it (the original trilogy only) about a decade ago when I was off work for two weeks following some surgery. LOVED it all over again.

Or maybe it was just that the anesthetic hadn't quite cleared out of my brain.

Saw the prequels and all I remember from them is "There's a couple of hours of my life I'll never get back."
                            Last edited by Pixelated; 12-18-2016, 08:01 PM.
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Any fun in star wars is 5 times better in star trek

Comment

Working...
                              X