This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas everyone

May the love of God surround you and your family this Christmas time.

Apart from the dyslexics,who will experience the vole of Dog....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Merry Christmas everyone

I hope that however and wherever you spend the holiday, you will be safe, healthy, warm, well-fed and happy. Love to you all, and best wishes for the New Year
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all . . .

Right now, I'm in my recline for a short bit, getting ready to try to do a little more on my long overdue fanfic sequel and watching A Chrstmas Story.

What are you guys doing?
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Happy Holidays to you and yours.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Bless all those who still stand the watch today. I am gratefully relieved.

From my last deployment on CVN-75
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays however you celebrate the season.

Though the trials and tribulations of the past year have made their marks on us we shall keep persevering

Even though things may not work out the way they should or we would like.

Again Merry Christmas to all
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Have a happy "Whatever you may be celebrating today"! And stay safe, everybody.

I just went to visit Mom at the nursing home, and will go back again for supper. I walked in with my Tim Hortons bag (I knew I'd get there too late for lunch) and, although I tried to convince the staff I did indeed have food, they rushed around to get me a bit of the lunch they'd served the residents (pizza and salad was the only option left). And a dessert that I didn't recognize, LOL. Great staff, and it can't be easy to have to work on Christmas Day.

Mom's attention span is measured in nanoseconds these days, and she's usually dozing, so I saw no purpose whatever in hanging around there for the three or four hours until suppertime. I'll start doing some stuff around the house until it's time to go back.

Oh, and the second string of lights on Mom's pre-lit Christmas tree has died. Really not looking forward to poking around trying to figure out which bulb gave up the ghost.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

" ... the vole of Dog ..."

As seen on my Facebook page earlier today:

MERRY CRISPIES AND HAPPY HARMONICA EVERYONE!
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'll be taking my Mom to my brother's home for dinner and their present-opening, then home to relax with the cats.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Merry Christmas!

Spent most of the day over a relative's house, was long enough for me since I was already bored out of my mind twenty minutes in. Got home an hour ago, unpacked things, and now am going to spend the rest of the day drinking something.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I was going to see my parents but with the threat of icy rain and my brakes not being what they should, I cancelled. Watched It's A Wonderful Life and Christmas concerts last night, as I do every year. Church this morning and now Little Women, another traditon. There was some dish-doing and whatnot in there somewhere this afternoon. I might do some crochet and maybe bake something. I think dinner will be waffles with berry sauce and cream I whipped myself. Also some eggs. I am off tomorrow with pay, yay!
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        I am off tomorrow with pay, yay!
                        I was going to say "you lucky bitch," but then I remembered you're not talking about your retail job.

This being my first Christmas out of retail, it feels...different. I enjoyed it more. I'll still miss all the lights and decorations, some of the music, the food and all the other things that make this time of year special, but I didn't have to deal with people at their worst outside of shopping.

Hope you've all had happy, healthy holidays.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I wish the same for you, Marmalady, and everyone else on here. Peace on earth.

I'm working the 1-9 today, did "in-house" (meaning everyone who lives under the same roof) family Christmas gifts last night and will be celebrating with the extended family on the 28th. Spent the work day clicking through slides on "how not to drive like an idiot" (Pro Driver Training, which I have to finish by New Years) and making templates in Publisher (the only art form available to me during the work day) to keep myself amused (my hotel is primarily business and thus we are DEAD right now). I may read A Christmas Carol on the way home.
                          Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-26-2016, 05:37 AM.
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Got to meet my little grand-nephew today, and all is right with the world.

He's two weeks old. Heavy sleeper, I'll give him that. I think I saw his eyes once all day. giving his great-grandfather a look like "Oh, it's you," before going back to sleep. His parents, on the other hand, spent most of the gathering leaning against the wall and sneaking upstairs for alternating naps. With all the people in the house, they had noooo trouble finding people willing to "hold the baby for a while," and we were all too willing to let them get some EXTREMELY well-deserved rest.

I probably got some presents or something. I don't remember. I think there was a tree, too.

Comment

I would join you in that drink, except I have an eight-hour shift at the store tomorrow ... facing it sober is going to be bad enough. (On the bright side, I think the customers get the boot around 7 p.m. and the remainder of the time there -- until 10 p.m. -- is doing "inventory.")
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X