This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't really talked about this...

The plan was BFF come out the second week of Nov and stay through the holidays.

The DAY AFTER she arrives I have to take her to the ER because she misplaced her antibiotics on the road. The Dr says "Due to your past medical history I was to do a CT scan."

Yeah, sure, OK.

Well... they found a mass in her lung.

She left right after turkey day, had a biopsy that week, they found a second mass.

Yes it's cancer.

They staged it last week... it's stage 4.

Surgery would be possible if there was only one tumor.

She is refusing chemo and radiation.

At this point they are watching it to see how fast it's growing so they can get a time line on how long she has to live.

I have been sleeping between 4 and 6 hours a night ever since the ER visit.
    At stores when they ask "How are you today?" 50/50 I burst into tears. They're just not prepared for THAT!

I've known her longer than I haven't known her. She's the sister I chose.

And she'll be gone soon.

My heart just bleeds for you. I'm so sorry this is happening. We're all here for you.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      We're all here for you.
      This. Please keep us posted.

Comment

I am so, so sorry ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

*hugs you so very much* <3
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Make t even sadder it I think she might of known and this was a last visit and she might have been trying to spare you the knowledge.

Sorry to hear this.
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

No, she had no clue.
              Should have seen her trying to get the doctor's office to see her. "The earliest opening we have is January." *faxes ER paperwork* "Can you come in Monday?"

Comment

I got nothing.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I'm so sorry! That stinks. {{{hugs}}}
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've gotten a bit more sleep this week, I think mainly because I was running on fumes.

Comment

So sorry to hear of this. I wish I could offer you some words of comfort, but I'm fresh out.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

She had her appointment with the dr who was supposed to give her an idea of how long she could expect to live. He told her 2 things:

1) Get her affairs in order
                        2) She could die in a month or a year

Then he scheduled her for a follow up in May.

I want to pull my hair out.

Comment

Im so sorry :-(

Comment

I am so sorry.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Shit kinda hit the fan after that update.

1) my last remaining grandparent went into the hospital. Once they detoxed him they were able to start treatment, but what's this? He can't swallow? They discovered a tumor in his throats and did a biopsy. They're pretty sure it's cancer, but can't say for sure until it comes back.

2) a friend I've had for 20 years, her autistic son took the money he was supposed to use for his dentist appointment and hopped a bus to NYNY with a friend. She hasn't heard from him in almost 2 weeks

3) another friend I've had for 20 years JUST moved into a house with her husband 7y/o and baby... he had a couple heart attacks, and by the time they got him stable enough to run tests he was in a coma. Meningitis. They pulled the plug fuckng VALENTINES DAY!!!

I'm so overwhelmed I fight tears most the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X