Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make Apple bottom cake (a comedic thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Apple bottom cake (a comedic thread)

So a story for today in regards to the dessert I made

Step 1:
    Have a bizarre health nut aunt who refuses to go to a store with out buying apples then complains when her 90 year old mother who eats like a 3 year old and her 55 year old sister with dental problems aren't eating them all day every day.

Step 2:
    Offer to bake a cake with the apples, have your mother deny the offer while complaining about the abundance of apples until you give up and grab a box of butter pecan cake mix and throw it in the cart on a food mom and Nana will eat run.

Step 3:
    Try to find the apples. Be told they're in the fridge, bottom drawer. Go to the fridge, bottom drawer. Find nothing but coconut flakes, chocolate chips, pretzels and stuff to make trail mix with. Call back to mom in the back, she comes out, sees you in front of the fridge and says ' Not that fridge, the other one in the garage'. You respond ' If it's not in the main fridge, you can't say The fridge, you to say the Other fridge or the garage fridge. Everyone will assume you mean the fridge every one can see and interact with if you say The'. You go and retrieve three apples while you're aunt tries to give 'helpful' tips about baking apples.

Step 4:
    Preheat the oven to 350.

Step 5:
    Wash and peel the apples, melt a half stick of butter in the microwave and start cutting the apples into slices and mixing them in the butter then covering the bottom of a pan. Realize there isn't enough butter and melt the other half stick. Mix that half with two teaspoons of vanilla, a half teaspoon of nutmeg, a tablespoon and a half of brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Realize you have half an apple to much. Eat that half Apple. Pour the butter mixture over the apples mix it up and spread it out.

Step 6:
    Mix the butter pecan mix as instructed.

Step 7:
    Pour cake mix over the apples and put into back for 40 minutes.

Step 8:
    Have everyone in the house treat you like a 12 year old baking her first ever cake.

Step 9:
    Have your mother doubt your cake, take from you the moment it's done to finish it with butter and powered sugar after you tell her it has a lot of sugar and butter already.

Step 10:
    After having dinner, which you cooked, get the first slice of cake and go watch YouTube videos.

At least it's yummy.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 01-01-2017, 12:36 AM.

Sounds delicious!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You doubt my cooking you don't get any... you CERTAINLY don't get to take it over right as it comes out of the oven.

I will brain you with a spoon or frying pan, which ever is closer to hand!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        You doubt my cooking you don't get any... you CERTAINLY don't get to take it over right as it comes out of the oven.

I will brain you with a spoon or frying pan, which ever is closer to hand!
        I had three women in a tiny kitchen, it was easier to walk away and letting her cover my cake with extra butter and sugar. It was still yummy.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          ...Step 8:
          Have everyone in the house treat you like a 12 year old baking her first ever cake...
          Bake a special cake just for them.
          And where the recipe states "3 whole eggs" ... include the shells.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

From your description of the recipe and how it is made, it appears to missing a bottle of rum (or other suitable libation). Mostly for the cook, maybe a little for the cake.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              From your description of the recipe and how it is made, it appears to missing a bottle of rum (or other suitable libation). Mostly for the cook, maybe a little for the cake.
              The problem is the cook is a diabetic with such staunchly conservative Mormon family members that my mom gets upset when I watch YouTube videos, my aunt and uncle still voice their opinion about gay marriage and get upset if I even mention polygamy and my nana has NEVER ingested alcohol, not even if it was just an ingredient, except for what's in extracts. So I won't eat a cake with rum cause it's bad for my health and they won't because the abstain from alcohol.

Comment

I have found that turning on the invading cooks and saying "Get out of my kitchen!" in my Command-Voice gets the point across very quickly. doesn't hurt to hold a chefs knife and soup ladle in your hands while doing so. Good going on the tasty cake though.
                Last edited by SteeleDragon78; 01-04-2017, 04:58 AM. Reason: formatting
                This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Doesn't work when it's not your kitchen.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    Doesn't work when it's not your kitchen.
                    That is a fair point. I am fortunate in that my family has a rule, "He/She who is cooking owns the kitchen".
                    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X