Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gah! It happened again! (Kitty Foundlings)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah! It happened again! (Kitty Foundlings)

So my hubby's family has a bit of a reputation for attracting strays / animals that need homes. This is our newest, who is (at least temporarily) named Ezri.

We're going to put up posters, advertise on Craigslist and get her scanned for a chip, but we would love to keep her if she doesn't already have a home (I've wanted a black kitty since I was little).

She's obviously been around people, she's very friendly and sat in Roomie's lap within an hour of being in our apartment. Autumn, the calico we found last October, won't sit with anybody. We don't think she's even a year old yet, either, so the resident male (who is fixed) might accept her a bit more easily.

This is her:

Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 01-02-2017, 07:56 PM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Lovely little girl!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

She looks like my Tynan! I love black kitties too

Comment

Pretty kitty! I love black cats.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

She's beautiful!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Gorgeous! Mama Bast has tagged you mwahahahaha!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What a cutie! For some reason, with all the stray and rescue cats I've had in my adult life, I've never had a black cat. I plan to fix that as soon as I can.

Some strays are just really REALLY friendly. I remember one that I picked up literally off the street: I carried her home, a 20- to 30-minute walk through a busy bustling downtown area, with no problem at all. I was worried she'd panic and jump down and run off when we got to the downtown area, but nope. And as far as I could tell, she'd never been a pet: she had no collar, wasn't spayed, no indications that she'd ever had a home.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Pix, you two were just meant to be together.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I agree with everything everyone has said.
                  I do have a question, however.
                  How'd you manage to get such a clear photo?
                  Valentina, cat number 3, is over 95% black, and I can not get a clear picture of her, no matter how hard I try.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    Valentina, cat number 3, is over 95% black, and I can not get a clear picture of her, no matter how hard I try.
                    Right? Growing up we had two black cats, and for most of their lives I didn't own a digital camera. So I couldn't just keep trying to get a good shot. They just look like black blobs most of the time.

I read someplace that black cats stay in shelters longer than other cats, which just makes me sad. I pretty much like all cats, I've never gotten to go "pick out" an animal. When I got my cat the person who had rescued the litter just brought me Charlie and said that she knew he'd be best for me (or something to that effect) and I took him home.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      I agree with everything everyone has said.
                      I do have a question, however.
                      Hubby took the picture, so I'm not sure. The white wall behind her helps, and I think his phone camera has an auto-focus feature that helps.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I think some of us just have bright neon signs on our doors advertising us as suckers, and can only be seen by the species that we're willing to rescue.

Congrats on your new kitty!
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I read someplace that black cats stay in shelters longer than other cats, which just makes me sad.
                          Not only that, but it's common for people to want them for the wrong reason. Shelters have had to implement "blackout periods" before Haloween during which they WON'T allow adoption of black cats.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Black kitties do have a harder time being adopted. Nobody's really sure why, some of the old superstitions may still be hanging around in our collective consciousness. Every black kitty I've ever been around has been the sweetest thing (this one included).

Comment

Valentina can be a sweetheart, but most of the time she's a stone cold bitch.
                              According to the shelter that we adopted her from, she was a stray.
                              I should've known what to expect when we brought her home after I'd asked if she'd been exposed to other cats and I didn't get an answer. (I thought maybe they'd socialize the cats after hours or something. I would.)
                              Just when she started getting along with Hetfield and Nella, the neighborhood stray now known as Rory discovered my husband and so we have 4 cats.
                              Fun times.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X