This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Interview

I'm working at a steady freelance job that I don't like, so I've been applying for various jobs advertised.

Yesterday, I received an email inviting me for an interview. They're interviewing Monday through Wednesday.

The guy also asked me to come to the interview prepared to answer a series of questions in the email.

What I want to know is, how do I find out without asking outright what the job is? I forgot what I applied for!

I'm not saying it is, but this sounds kinda fishy to me. Did he actually set an appointment time? I'm not sure how you could figure out what the job is for, but it's possible it's a "cold" email for some kind of job that may be questionable. The reason I say that is your statement that they're interviewing over a three day period. Sounds like it could be group "churn & burn" interviews.

Have you checked the location? What's at that location? If he's asking you to come to the interview, you have an address. Have you checked to see what's there? That might give you a bit of an idea as to what the job might be.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

It's okay. I figured it out, and it is a job I applied for. I've been applying for quite a few jobs lately, so I forgot which one it was. When I searched for the company, I found that they're hiring several people (it's a startup), and I saw that I had already viewed one particular job. So, all is well.

Comment

Working...
      X