This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss and last thoughts.

So, before I start, I'll say that I thought about where to post this link. It involves my most recent boss at the day job (almost 3 months since I worked there!). Morons in Management seemed a good choice, because he WAS a moron to the last day of his life.

http://wbay.com/2017/01/23/two-men-k...-howard-creek/

I knew he loved driving at high speeds, especially after he got his Mustang.

I knew he loved drinking, he'd come into work hungover A LOT, even though he just turned 21 10 days ago.

Can I say he was a good guy, despite those above mentioned flaws? That's where my troubles lay.

I haven't done the seemingly obligatory RIP post on Facebook yet, because I'm torn. Yes, he was a fun guy, and for the most part he made my last 5 or so months working there fun. I just can't stand drunk drivers, and I can't get over a belief that while he didn't deserve this, he did.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

I know it sounds unsympathetic, but my thinking is that a- at least they didn't take any bystanders with them, and b- they did it to themselves. Darwinism in action. The risks associated with drunk driving are WELL known and I'm sure they were aware.

Might have been a really great guy, but even they make stupid (and sometimes fatal) decisions.

I'd say extend sympathy to the family, but try not to feel too bad about not feeling bad about the circumstances.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Thank you, Kittish.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
      X