This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That "day" is fast approaching

and this year is going to be weird for me.

Yes I am speaking of Valentines Day -- Loved by some MEHH by some and hated by the rest.

For the longest time for me it was MEHHHH as now deceased GF really did not care one way or the other just so long as we were together.

When it was me and my now Ex DW it was a bit special for a long time (15 out of 23 years) but when things got weird I just went MEEEHHH WHO CARES ANYMORE.

Now for the first time in 3+ decades I am totally alone (as in NO SO, NO child(ren), No furry buddies/friends) during this "Hallmark Holiday".

Yeah all the commercials on TV and radio (esp. the jewelry store ones) have always irked me to no end but this is really strange to be completely alone now.

Yeah I get the annual bitch-fest about V-Day but that does not make it any easier for me this year.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

The first event, I guess you can call it is always difficult after a loss. Doesn't matter much if it wasn't very important before. It still had some meaning and when that meaning is gone it's strange. No real advice to give, somehow you get through it.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

What Trixie said. The first year after a loss leaves you feeling a bit unmoored and out of place ... but you get through it.

If I remember "the day" I tend to buy myself a little something (usually chocolate ). I do have furry friends, but the only thing they're likely to give me is a hairball.

Hang in there. And don't forget we are here.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X